- 00 33 3 69 06 37 87
- Vincent Bapst
The Art-object Department in Strasbourg is currently seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant in Jewellery.
With its unique history and geography together with a team of 160 teachers, the HEAR provides an original model of art teaching favouring pluridisciplinarity, individual and collective commitment.
The Haute École des Arts du Rhin is a French public institution of excellence, offering a post secondary curriculum in the Arts. The HEAR provides numerous specialised study programs in art and in music: contemporary art, graphic communication, illustration, design, scenography, painting, sculpture, object (jewellery, glass, ceramics, books), musical interpretation, composition and more. The HEAR gathers over 750 students on three sites in Strasbourg and Mulhouse, and confers national diplomas and Master’s degrees.
Position should be filled for courses to start on the 2nd of January 2017.
Application Deadline: 06/12/2016
Type of Recruitment: public servant or public law contract
Place of work: Site d‘Arts Plastiques in Strasbourg
Hours of work: Full-time position, 20 hours / week with the obligation to take part in midterms and examination committees, teacher meetings ...
- First class principal teaching assistant in art (assistant d’enseignement artistique principal de 1ere classe).
- Second class principal teaching assistant in art (assistant d’enseignement artistique principal de 2eme classe).
Under the authority of the Director of Studies, Jewellery Professors and within a multidisciplinary team of teachers in Art-Object, the teaching assistant in Jewellery should :
- Provide a specialised technical education in traditional and contemporary jewellery designing and making.
- Ensure technical foundation classes for students from beginning to graduate levels and participate in the workshop’s cross-disciplinary activities, more particularly in metalwork.
- Contribute to the day-to-day management within the workspace (equipment, tools, supplies, security).
- Assist individually and collectively the resident students and help students in other options on the technical aspects of their projects.
- Assist in projects (workshops, exhibitions..) organised by the workshop or the school.
- Follow the progress of student projects and participate in their midterms and final exams.
With a Bachelor of Arts (Basic or Minor) or an Arts and Crafts Certificate in Jewellery, the candidate should have the following skills and qualities:
- Prior professional experience and extensive knowledge in the field of the various jewellery and metalsmithing techniques, with a keen interest in developing curriculum in Digital Technologies.
- Open-mindedness in regards to the field of jewellery making in all its possible contemporary forms.
- Knowledge of the different production modes from the making of a unique art piece to series.
- Knowledge in safety rules and regulations.
- Fluent in French, English and/or German.
- Teaching skills in transmitting knowledge.
- Capacity to use all the different machineries.
- Ability to follow projects and student creations with an insight on coherence between the technical choices made and the nature of the projects.
- Knowledge of networks in the artistic and commercial worlds of jewellery design and related fields.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Discipline: organization and methodology.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- 00 33 3 69 06 37 87
- Vincent Bapst
Le Parcours Bijoux 201701Oct2017 - 15Nov2017
Association d'un Bijou a l'Autre
20:20 Visions Conference. Call for Papers07Jul2017 - 09Jul2017
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Francoise van den Bosch Foundation Artist in Residence programme 2017 at Studio Rian de Jong01May2017 - 30Jun2017
Studio Rian de Jong
Open call for SNAG'S 2017 Juried Exhibition: Repair and Renewal28Nov2016 - 15Jan2017
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
Eugene, United States
Position for a Teaching Assistant in Jewellery at The Haute école des arts du Rhin25Nov2016 - 06Dec2016
Open Call. Athens Jewelry Week 201723Nov2016 - 20Jan2017
Athens Jewelry Week
Open Call. Amberif Design Award 201721Nov2016 - 06Feb2017
Gdańsk International Fair Co.
Position for a Professor of Jewelry at The Savannah College of Art and Design18Nov2016 - 24Mar2017
The Savannah College of Art and Design
Savannah, United States
Jewellery Unchained: Talking About Jewellery as Art08Nov2016 - 12Nov2016
Position for MFA Assistantship in the Jewelry and Metalwork Program04Nov2016 - 01Jan2017
Lamar Dodd School of Art at the University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia, United States
TRIPLE PARADE Exhibitions 2016. Dialogue across You and Me to Them: Creator, Wearer, Viewer01Nov2016 - 31Jan2017
TAFA Art Museum
PREZIOSA Young Design Competition 201726Oct2016 - 15Dec2016
Open call. METALLOphone: BONDS05Oct2016 - 26Oct2016
Artistar Jewels 201721Sep2016 - 21Oct2016
(Lost) Paradises19Sep2016 - 09Oct2017