Back
CC Proof COPYRIGHT PROTECTION Skyscraper.

Karin Maisch. Fachhochschule Düsseldorf. New Graduates 2015

Article  /  ArtistsGraduate 2015
Published: 21.07.2015
Karin Maisch. Fachhochschule Düsseldorf. New Graduates 2015.
Mail:
karin.maischE-mailgmail.com
Author:
Fachbereich Design Fachhochschule Düsseldorf
Edited by:
Klimt02

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
My investigation during my master studies focused on three certain computer graphics. In an ongoing transformation process - from plane to space - I generated computer aided graphics, which are my starting point for further transformations - from graphic to object.
Fachhochschule Düsseldorf / University of Applied Science, Düsseldorf, Germany.

Karin Maisch - From plane to space, from graphic to object
My investigation during my master studies at University of Applied Science Düsseldorf focused on three certain computer graphics. In an ongoing transformation process - from plane to space - I generated computer aided graphics, which are my starting point for further transformations - from graphic to object.

Details, characteristics and even whole parts of the graphic were then morphed back to wearable three dimensional objects. The translation of the plane patterns follows the two dimensional graphical elements - point, line and plane, from which a repertoire of shapes was developed. This gave me the possibility to combine various transformation methods in a collage-way to different types of jewelry pieces - all with the same type of graphical source. What is especially fascinating for me about my graphics and all graphical patterns in general is their high grade of abstractness, that allows every spectator to find their own, personal imaginations in it. And this is what I try to include in my jewelry collection, when I transform the graphic to an object.

During the last terms of her study Karin defined her theme clearly and looked for the challenge to find an interesting balance between computer based techniques, like laser cutting and 3D-manufacturing, and the hand crafted; between the digital and the analogue. This resulted in an interesting collection of wearable objects of which its design is based on 2D graphics transformed to a 3D shape. This way of research gave her the possibility to create numerous expressive pieces generated from the same source, and by different approaches. In her work there is a lot to experience. / Herman Hermsen, Professor University of Applied Science Düsseldorf July 2015

Find out more about the courses and deadlines for applications to Fachhochschule Düsseldorf

Karin Maisch Maisch. Brooch: Space boxes, 2015. Brass. 12 x 8 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch Maisch. Karin Maisch Maisch
Brooch: Space boxes, 2015
Brass
12 x 8 cm
Photo by: Karin Maisch Maisch
Karin Maisch. Brooch: Space plane, 2015. Silver, steel. 10 x 7 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Brooch: Space plane, 2015
Silver, steel
10 x 7 cm
Photo by: Karin Maisch
Karin Maisch. Brooch: Space plane, 2015. Silver, steel. 10 x 7 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Brooch: Space plane, 2015
Silver, steel
10 x 7 cm
Karin Maisch. Collier: Space mesh, 2015. Steel, plastic. 20 x 25 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Collier: Space mesh, 2015
Steel, plastic
20 x 25 cm
Karin Maisch. Collier: Space mesh, 2015. Steel, plastic. 20 x 25 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Collier: Space mesh, 2015
Steel, plastic
20 x 25 cm
Karin Maisch. Brooch: Space moves, 2015. Steel, silver. 30 x 7cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Brooch: Space moves, 2015
Steel, silver
30 x 7cm
Karin Maisch. Brooch: Space moves, 2015. Steel, silver. 30 x 7 cm. Photo by: Karin Maisch. Karin Maisch
Brooch: Space moves, 2015
Steel, silver
30 x 7 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE