Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Solène Dejean. HEAR - Haute école des arts du Rhin. Selected Graduate 2016

Article  /  ArtistsGraduate 2016
Published: 10.08.2016
Solene Dejean Solene Dejean
Mail:
solene.dejeanE-mailfree.fr
Author:
HEAR
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
It was a great pleasure to see the work of our 4 graduating Master students at the Graduation Show HEAR Strasbourg, which was held on 24 - 26 June 2016. They all have developped a strong individual approach during their studies and we would like to wish a good continuation to Amélie Leblanc, Armelle Le Bihan, Camille Ancelin and Solène Dejean! We would like to present some works from Solène Dejean who was graduated with the highest honors. / Florence Lehmann & Sophie Hanagarth

Solène Dejean, Haute école des arts du rhin, Mulhouse/ Strasbourg, France

In parallel with my research about gesture notation and the Modern dance in United States, I started a creative process based on gestures. Using a unique shape as a stencil, I created an ongoing series of drawings. Inspired by them, I led different projects. It is by extracting motif from my drawings and modeling them in silver, brass and Plexiglas that I compose my jewelry. My work is nourished by the continual deconstruction and reconstruction of these drawings. /  Solène Dejean

An incredible and rigurous universe is growing up in the work of Solène Dejean. She developpes a codified link between dance steeps, drawings and volumes. A ring could be the support of different elevations: the composition/partition is a superposition of six or more elements of metal and colored Plexiglas that you can choose. All these geometrical-flower shapes are full of joy and could remind us some psychaedelic hypnotysing wallpaper. / Florence Lehmann & Sophie Hanagarth
Solene Dejean. Necklace: PIECES SERIE n°3, 2016. Plexiglass, silver. 22 x 25 x 5 cm. Solene Dejean
Necklace: PIECES SERIE n°3, 2016
Plexiglass, silver
22 x 25 x 5 cm
Solene Dejean. Necklace: PIECES SERIE n°3, 2016. Silver, brass, Plexiglass. 5 x 12 x 8 cm. Solene Dejean
Necklace: PIECES SERIE n°3, 2016
Silver, brass, Plexiglass
5 x 12 x 8 cm
Solene Dejean. Ring: PIECES SERIE n°2, 2016. Silver, brass. Solene Dejean
Ring: PIECES SERIE n°2, 2016
Silver, brass
Solène Dejean. Ring: PIECES SERIE n°2, 2016. Brass, silver, plexiglass. 5 x 8 x 5 cm. Solène Dejean
Ring: PIECES SERIE n°2, 2016
Brass, silver, plexiglass
5 x 8 x 5 cm
Solène Dejean. Object: PIECES DIFFERENT SERIES, 2016. Silver, brass, plexiglass. Solène Dejean
Object: PIECES DIFFERENT SERIES, 2016
Silver, brass, plexiglass
Solène Dejean. Drawing: Partition serie 2 n°4, 2015. Acrylic pint on white paper. Solène Dejean
Drawing: Partition serie 2 n°4, 2015
Acrylic pint on white paper
Appreciate APPRECIATE