Interview with Amira Jalet.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
If the artist is reflected in the proposal the piece get its rationale, and its origin and reason will be perceived. If the piece and / or the collection is based on a concrete and firm idea and this will be reflected.
Do you think that jewelry is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
If the artist is reflected in the proposal the piece get its rationale, and its origin and reason will be perceived.
If the piece and / or the collection is based on a concrete and firm idea and this will be reflected. The concept, the design process and the production of the piece are all part of a whole, and a piece that is consciously made will be universal, even if it has its own particular history.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
The piece belongs to the author until it is finished, then it should be shown to the world to be completed. Being seen, manipulated or worn, makes the piece really be finished. When this happens my expectation is met. Viewing the reactions, seeing people who like it or don't like it, this is what I truly enjoy, and it teaches me to recognize my public and type of person for whom design.

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
Many, my projects always have bits of other arts, fusion techniques, other aspects of design trends and I like to play with conventional and unconventional materials. Experimentation is the basis of my work.

The last work, book, film, that has moved me was...
Thanks to a phrase that a friend told me "This house is my jewel" referring to her new home. Then I became interested in a trend of architecture called Brutalism and I made my most recent collection inspired by it.

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
We have many things to appreciate from the basics, from the most primitive, and that's what surprises me, that man is able to innovate from the most primitive. As an example the work of the master A. Gaudi "La Sagrada Familia" which was inspired by the observation of nature to create a wonderful innovative architectural piece.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
Yes, many. For example mister Carles Codina and mister Ramón Puig and their jewelry. I also follow the work of Australian sculptor Ron Muek.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
In each of my collections there is always a special piece that gives me all the satisfaction sought in the collection.
That finished piece that speaks to me and tells me a story, that's my satisfaction.
But especially today I talk about the main piece of my latest collection "The Essence of the Other", which is on permanent exhibition in Italy. That particular piece spoke to me and surprised me once it was finished.
Appreciate APPRECIATE