Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Interview with Andreea Mogosanu

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 11.08.2014
Interview with Andreea Mogosanu.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
Reykjavik was the city that definitely moved me, in fact the whole country. Iceland is a country of extreme contrasts (is a characteristic that define me) and endless possibilities, like in jewellery.
Do you think that jewellery is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I don’t think that contemporary jewellery is being standardizing because the new technologies and the diversity of materials help every artist to make a difference. You have many opportunities to create and also different ways of expression. Although, we could speak of a “standard” in jewellery used by following the trends, and these trends are imposed by globalization.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
I expect to be honest, because any criticism is a step forward and can help me evolve. I also expect to understand the messages transmited by my art, to discover themselves through every piece of jewellery they first touch and then wear.

Are other areas besides the jewellery, present in your work?
Of course there are! Beside jewellery I love to create concepts for advertising campaigns and do the art directions. In fact, this was my passion and my job before starting making jewellery, my true love! The abilities of an art director can be seen in my work.

The last work, book, film, city that has moved me was...
Reykjavik was the city that definitely moved me, in fact the whole country. Iceland is a country of extreme contrasts (is a characteristic that define me) and endless possibilities, like in jewellery. After visiting this country I created a special collection (Minus) in which you could discover the nordic aesthetic, the roughness of the climate, and the surprising and amazing landforms.

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
I have always been in love with Scandinavian design. It’s a perfect mix between minimalist, well defined and expressive shapes and the elegance of a style that surpasses the decades.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
The artist I admire the most is Karl Fritsch and I believe he doesn't need any introduction. His work is a huge inspiration for me in terms of making a powerful statement. I just love the contrasts he creates between the rough materials and the perfection cut of the precious stones.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
Each new piece, each new collection that I create is giving me the same satisfaction.

Do you read Jewellery Magazines? What is your source to get information?
No, I read instead jewellery crafting volumes, art and theory books and I’m also a big fan of surfing the internet. So, I get most of my information from virtual space.

Do you discuss your work with other jewellery artists or any other person?
Yes, of course. Generally, I share and discuss my work with my brand consultant, then with friends or with my boyfriend and from time to time with other jewellery artists. It helps me improve the quality of my pieces and each dialogue is a good source of inspiration.

What is your first thought when you hear the word Future?, What do you expect for?
Innovation!
Andreea Mogosanu. Piece: Untitled, 2012/2013. 925 Silver, oxidized silver, iris onyx stone, pearls. Collection: Minus. Andreea Mogosanu
Piece: Untitled, 2012/2013
925 Silver, oxidized silver, iris onyx stone, pearls
Collection: Minus
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Appreciate APPRECIATE