Back
CC Proof COPYRIGHT PROTECTION Skyscraper.

Interview with Annika Pettersson

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 04.10.2012
Interview with Annika Pettersson.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
I don’t believe that jewelry is being standardizing, I think that we have more niches within the field now then we ever had before. From my point of view we don’t acknowledge the big differences with in contemporary jewelry field.
Do you think that jewelry is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I don’t believe that jewelry is being standardizing, I think that we have more niches within the field now then we ever had before. From my point of view we don’t acknowledge the big differences with in contemporary jewelry field. 

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
I always keep my expectations down, for me it’s important to leave space for the viewer to interpret what they see, to give them breathing space. What I hope for is that someone that enters the exhibition can get an understanding of my thoughts. 

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
I have always had a fasination for religion and physics, it might not be my main focus all the time, but its present in my creatve process. 

The last work, book, film, that has moved me was...
This is not the last, but the work that moved me the most was an exhibition with Thomas Hirschhorn as a part of the Gothenburg biennale 2007. He had made a fantastic installation and there was no possibility of escaping the feeling of the exhibition, it was a really overwhelming experience. 

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
India, they have an amazing system of organizing objects, I find it really interesting how the arrange collected materials and how the use different bounding techniques in creative ways.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
There are many, to mentions some Urs Fischer, Teresa Margolles, Marina Abramovic, Thomas Hirschhorn, Ai Weiwei.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
Its hard to say a specific piece, the project Aeon profit - Piano Forte, that I did with the group A5 was a project that gave me a lot of satisfaction. We had the power of 3 artist working together in a creative environment, and to see the end result on the wall was a moment of satisfaction.
Appreciate APPRECIATE