. Ezra, Satok-Wolman
. Brooch: The Mathematical Fingerprint of God, 2012
. 791 (19k) yellow gold, 750 white gold, silk
. 5.8 x 5.8 x 1.7 cm.

Ezra, Satok-Wolman
Brooch: The Mathematical Fingerprint of God, 2012
791 (19k) yellow gold, 750 white gold, silk
5.8 x 5.8 x 1.7 cm

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
I think jewelry is being standardized in all branches of the industry. Standardization is a byproduct of economics and jewelry is supported by commerce. I think the business element of jewelry is the worst enemy of our creative intentions as jewelry artists. The “business” of selling jewelry has deeply affected the “art jewelry model”, and has led to an overall decline in quality.
How will you introduce yourself?
I am a creator at heart. The work I produce is a reflection of who I am and a direct extension of my imagination.

Do you think that jewelry is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I think jewelry is being standardized in all branches of the industry. Standardization is a byproduct of economics and jewelry is supported by commerce. I think the business element of jewelry is the worst enemy of our creative intentions as jewelry artists. The “business” of selling jewelry has deeply affected the “art jewelry model”, and has led to an overall decline in quality.

I would like to think that my jewelry is universal in the truest sense. I try to appeal to the human imagination and the broadest audience possible.

The last work, book, film, that has moved me was...
The Grand Design, by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. Hawking’s ability to present complex ideas about the history of the universe and quantum mechanics, in a digestible context, has been enlightening to say the least.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
Quite recently my interest in Antoni Gaudi has evolved and I have grown to sympathise with his statement as an artist. Like Gaudi, I believe that the answers to all of our structural or architectural questions can be found by examining nature.
I am also grateful for having been both inspired and mentored by Giovanni Corvaja, who had a profound impact on my education as a goldsmith.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
The subject matters I deal with in my jewelry relate to mathematics, philosophy, and theoretical astrophysics. My message is one that often requires supporting material, whether visual or written, and an exhibition provides me with a platform to present my work and research simultaneously.

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
I am always pleasantly surprised by The Netherlands and Dutch design.

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
I think many people who view my work assume that the pretty surfaces or precise patterns are “the content”, and fail to look past those elements to the deeper meaning and messages in each piece. My intention is not to create beautiful pieces. This is a byproduct of my expression of beautiful concepts or laws of nature and physics.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
The Mathematical Fingerprint of God, brooch 2012, is certainly the piece that has challenged me the most and therefore was the most satisfying piece to complete. Months of research and numerous models and prototypes led to the making of the piece.

Why have you selected jewelry as the vehicle to express your artistic ideas?
I enjoy physically making things and jewelry gives me the perfect balance of design and artistic expression in one convenient package. I am interested in both art and design, and believe that a good piece of art jewelry requires the ability incorporate design elements in order to bring the artistic concept into the realm of functionality. This is often one of the more interesting challenges I encounter
Ezra, Satok-WolmanBrooch: The Mathematical Fingerprint of God, 2012791 (19k) yellow gold, 750 white gold, silk5.8 x 5.8 x 1.7 cm.

Ezra, Satok-Wolman
Brooch: The Mathematical Fingerprint of God, 2012
791 (19k) yellow gold, 750 white gold, silk
5.8 x 5.8 x 1.7 cm

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Appreciate APPRECIATE