Back
CC Proof COPYRIGHT PROTECTION Skyscraper.

Interview with Florian Ladstätter

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 03.01.2007
Interview with Florian Ladstätter.
Author:
klimt02
Edited by:
klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
(...) It's such a pity that art jewellery did not manage to get part of fashion in its early days, because fashion offers so much better ways to publish (...)
Usually you show your pieces in catwalks, with models wearing the pieces, getting away from the showcases and the static thing. Following this idea, it could have a following step?
Definitely there is a next step that I am going right now. I started to offer my designs on fashion and accessories tradeshows and it works well to find shops and buyers all over the world. this spring I sold about 1.600 items which means that I seem to finally find a way that people make my jewellery part of their lives which is so much more to me than having it in showcases or on catwalks.

Of course the designs that sell in quantities are not that 'arty', but this is exactely what I think is the point: as art jewellery went for expressing strong artist's personalities, showing the maximum of autonomy of the artist, trying to teach people on a conceptual level, it quite sometimes did not produce objects any more that people would like to have and wear in their daily life...

It's such a pity that art jewellery did not manage to get part of fashion in its early days (and I learnt that it was because fashion was not ready at that time for it), because fashion offers so much better ways to publish even the wildest and most experimental things through hundreds of magazines, shows etc.

At the moment I work on different lines: the wild big one-ofs I offer now to stylists of international fashion press through my London based agent and it turned out to be a good way to make my sometimes weird visions public to a large international audience. The other line is wearable jewellery to offer to shops... somehow it is simply the old fashion system of haute couture and pret a porter...and I would like to start a casual line soon which I have so many ideas for in the drawer... (after having shown them in exhibitions...)

If somebody ordered a piece to you for a historic celebrity: to who would you choose? Why?
Darth Vader and Juliette (sorry, not historic...)

If you had to make the atrezzo for a play, in order to begin, would you choose a comedy or a drama?
Drama

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
I love Tokyo

It is necessary to give a definition of What is art jewellery or simply create and anything else?
Simply create!

Remarks

If you have enjoyed this interview you might be interested on reading the following:

Interview to Kadri Mälk
Interview to Ted Noten
Interview to Peter Skubic
Interview to Tore Svensson

RUP 005. Pendant tassel bell, 2004
. resin, textile tassels, plastic beads.
RUP 005. Pendant tassel bell, 2004
resin, textile tassels, plastic beads

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
BEL 546. Belt, 2003
. wood, plastic, elastic ribbon.
BEL 546. Belt, 2003
wood, plastic, elastic ribbon

BCR 533. Bracelet, 2003
. pine wood, plastic.
BCR 533. Bracelet, 2003
pine wood, plastic

BUB 003. Necklace, 2003
. Acrylic bubbles, wooden beads.
BUB 003. Necklace, 2003
Acrylic bubbles, wooden beads

Appreciate APPRECIATE