Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Interview with Heidemarie Herb

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 20.11.2012
Interview with Heidemarie Herb.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
For sure, we are much more influenced than many years ago because the media is much more diffused. In a very short time we are able to see different trends from many countries. You can see a lot of similar pieces. But I think it’s impossible that jewelry is being standardized, if you are working with a concept and your own mind. In this sense, art jewelry can never become standardized, like instead traditional jewelry has the tendency to become.
Do you think that jewelry is being standardized?
For sure, we are much more influenced than many years ago because the media is much more diffused. In a very short time we are able to see different trends from many countries. You can see a lot of similar pieces. But I think it’s impossible that jewelry is being standardized, if you are working with a concept and your own mind. In this sense, art jewelry can never become standardized, like instead traditional jewelry has the tendency to become.

What is local and universal in your artistic work?
The local aspect of my works could be in my organic collection “herb’s garden”, which are all found objects from nature around where I’m living. The universal in my artist work could be the way of thinking, my feelings that I try to convey into every work. My mind never “stands still in one place”, and I guess that’s what I consider universal.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
I’m interested in hearing some sort of comment about my work. This is the only way in which I can understand if my message or my way of thinking has come through to the viewer. You understand what you have said in the moment of the answer and the reaction from the person you have in front of you, and it’s the same with the works. At the same time, I like it very much when people looking the piece just start thinking without speaking…

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
painting, photograph, text’s of music and writers.

The last work, book, film, that has moved you was…
The last book that has moved me was “ twice born” (venuto al mondo) from M. Mazzantini.
The last artwork was “pochette” from Giovanni Corvaja, I saw it before he exposed it to the public and we talked about this work. He began to do it at the last month when his wife was pregnant and the idea was to continue this work beside his baby for few months. Over six months he stayed in his home and did this beautiful piece, drawing, weaving, twisting gold wire for several months …after seven months the artwork was completed, “it is an evolution of the “golden fleece” he told me. When I touched it I was fascinated, not only for the perfection and the technique behind this piece, but overall for the passion and love with which it was created.

Giovanni Corvaja
Piece: Pochette
Gold

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises you…
There are a lot of places which surprise me. Every trip gives me a lot of positive impressions and surprises. It could be the beauty of the people, the art of living, it could be the architecture or the nature … or the different traditions, like for example the beautiful body painting in the Amazon ….I love the meaning of every color… modern body painting is also beautiful but loses a lot of its meaning and is more for decoration.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
Alberto Burri, Anselm Kiefer, Spencer Tunick, G. Corvaja and much more… !

What pieces or work have given you the most satisfaction?
I thought a lot about this question and I think my pieces which are in public collections give me the most satisfaction, because a lot of people can see them and they have a special place…
My best “artworks” ever are my two daughters, they will always be my greatest satisfaction, without time and any doubt!
Appreciate APPRECIATE