Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Interview with Inbar Shahak

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 18.08.2016
Interview with Inbar Shahak.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
It means the world to me when someone is choosing to purchase my jewelry, I want them to have good home with someone that loves them, I want them to have life of their own.

Do you think that jewellery is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I think that shops and fashion trends are trying to standardized. As if they are searching for rules to make it easier to choose what to display. But Art jewelries can't be standardized and that is the true beauty of it.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
I honestly hope to sell… it means the world to me when someone is choosing to purchase my jewelry, I want them to have good home with someone that loves them, I want them to have life of their own. I want them to serve as a conversation piece that will make people truly talk to each and express feelings.

Are other areas besides the jewellery, present in your work?
I am a textile designer by profession and it affect everything about my work. I think that my soul is made out of threads.

The last work, book, film, city that has moved me was...
The Century of the Self by filmmaker Adam Curtis , it shows the links between consumption and human psychology and ways to manipulate democracy with consumption. And I found it very disturbing relating to the problems we have today with fast fashion problems.

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
Brazil, "Gatos del Rue" is a great project made by local artist with recycle local craft materials.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
Kiff Slemonns is a huge inspiration for me as a person and as an artist. Getting to know her and visiting her studio had a great impact on the way I think of my art.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?

I am working on my current collection for the past 10 years, I majored in weaving as textile designer and one of my favourite technique was the way that is used to plan the industrial loom wrap and weft, I've been trying to manipulate this technique to handmade weave small patterns over and over and never was I satisfied with the result till now.

Do you read Jewellery Magazines? What is your source to get information?

I follow all my Fellow colleagues and friends from exhibition around the world on social medias, and I follow Klimt02 newsletter and Jewellery blog by Marianne Gassier this is my source of information.

Do you discuss your work with other jewellery artists or any other person?
Always, being an artist can get lonely some time, plus we tend to look so closely on our tiny art objects that sometimes I just need some friends that can see the all picture from above.

What is your first thought when you hear the word Future? What do you expect for?
Excited, I have so much more that I want to accomplish, can't wait to get thered my beautiful kids during the days and not be afraid of the upcoming news...
Appreciate APPRECIATE