Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Interview with Jana Machatova

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 25.04.2013
Interview with Jana Machatova.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
One of the fundamental attributes of jewelry is the function of communication. Jewelry is also for me a medium trough which I can express my attitudes and feelings. It is enough for me if a receiver can read messages from my world.

Do you think that jewelry is being standardized?
Yes, in a specific way. Information channels are fast and open. In jewelry art we can see trendy waves and ambitions of adapting to the market. It is more difficult to identify the individual approach of makers. 

What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
Some of local in my work can be found in the personal themes that I generally apply. My priority is that personal things should become universally valid.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
One of the fundamental attributes of jewelry is the function of communication. Jewelry is also for me a medium trough which I can express my attitudes and feelings. It is enough for me if a receiver can read messages from my world. 

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
No, jewelry offers me sufficiently large space for my realization. I think than I haven´t yet explored every possibility which this medium offers. 

The last work, book, film, that has moved me was...
The film Le Amour by Haneke. Strong emotions are conveyed with simple resources and personal story. 

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
A specific country or space is not important for me, only personal entity. Creativity is a human quality that can be incited also by the environment and also in the most boring surroundings something exceptional can be grown. And vice versa.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
It would be a long list…in every period and in every field are a lot of brilliant people. I often think of A. Cepka, of his simple but true and very important statements.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
The piece that I just finish. But this feeling lasts only a moment and I must begin with a new one immediately.

Jana Machatova. Brooch: Apple Story, 2012. Silver, paper in laminated plastic, gold foil, pearls. Jana Machatova
Brooch: Apple Story, 2012
Silver, paper in laminated plastic, gold foil, pearls
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Appreciate APPRECIATE