Published: 30.07.2014
Interview with Maria Diana.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Maria Diana. Bracelet: Gold Bracelet, 2013. Southern ice porcelain, stoneware, gold luster. Photo by: Federica Cioccoloni. Maria Diana
Bracelet: Gold Bracelet, 2013
Southern ice porcelain, stoneware, gold luster
Photo by: Federica Cioccoloni
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
There are artistic trends also in jewelry and it seems a standardization, but I also think that each artist interprets the trends according to their culture and sensibility. I think my last work follows the organic trend, but I recognize that some details stem from the traditional craftsmanship of the country where I was born.
Do you think that jewelry is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I think that there are artistic trends also in jewelry and it seems a standardization, but I also think that each artist interprets the trends according to their culture and sensibility. I think my last work follows the organic trend, but I recognize that some details stem from the traditional craftsmanship of the country where I was born.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
It's interesting to see how people see your work, you discover things that you have never seen before.

Are other areas besides the jewelry, present in your work?
In the past I used to work with ceramic and artistic objects, but now I'm working only in jewelry.

The last work, book, film, city that has moved me was...
Istanbul and its beauties.

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
Korea

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
I appreciate many artists, one of whom is Myung Urso.

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
My "germogli" collection (germogli meaning sprouts)

Do you read Jewellery Magazines? What is your source to get information?
Internet and exhibitions are my sources of information.

Do you discuss your work with other jewelry artists or any other person?
Yes, with other jewellery artists and with some friends.

What is your first thought when you hear the word Future?, What do you expect for?
I hope that my job will always bring me satisfaction and happiness.
Appreciate APPRECIATE