Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Interview with Mette Saabye

Interview  /  Artists
Published: 14.10.2012
Interview with Mette Saabye.
Author:
Klimt02
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona

Intro
I am very interested in the way jewellery is presented, the context, and the interaction between the body and jeweller. For that reason I am very interested in sculpture, installation as an art form, flux and mix media art.
Do you think that jewellery is being standardized? What is there of local and universal in your artistic work?
I think we are getting the same kind of information at the same time, and for that sake we do have the same reflections. But I do think there is a national difference in the way we express our self.

What do you expect when exposing your work to the public (for example with an exhibition)?
I hope my ordinance is able to read my jewellery. It seems like a kind of test, do they get it or not. And then I hope it appeal so strong to them that they want to possess the work.

Are other areas besides the jewellery, present in your work?
I am very interested in the way jewellery is presented, the context, and the interaction between the body and jeweller. For that reason I am very interested in sculpture, installation as an art form, flux and mix media art.

The last work, book, film, that has moved me was...
This summer I saw an exhibition by glass artist Marie Retpen. The theme was “Alice in wonderland” one of a kind work. I like the way she make the work look like it shouldn't.
Then Isabel Berglund is always fun, She make a kind of installation but it's like jewellery for the space. Please check out her website: www.isabelberglund.dk

A place, space, country whose creativity surprises me...
I think what Pussy Riot dared to do in Moscow, February this year was quite brave. To use art as a way to show the rest of the world about the unjust witch is present in their society.

Is there any designer, jeweller, artist, you appreciate a lot?
I have many favourites Anish Kapoor, Yayoi Kusama, Olafur Eliasson, Anders Ruhwald...

What piece or work has given you the most satisfaction?
It's hard to say, I guess all the work that turned out as I wanted it to be and surprised me by being so much more then I had expected it to become.
Work by Isabel Berglund.
Work by Isabel Berglund

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Work by Isabel Berglund.
Work by Isabel Berglund

Work by Anders Ruhwald.
Work by Anders Ruhwald

Work by Anders Ruhwald.
Work by Anders Ruhwald

Appreciate APPRECIATE