Published: 19.05.2014
Winner of Talente 2014.
Author:
Rita Ribeiro
Edited by:
Umbigo Edições Lda
Edited at:
Lisbon
Patricia Correia Domingues. Brooch: Serie Duality, 2013. Reconstructed coral, steel. 8 x 4,7 x 2 cm. photo by: Manuel Ocaña. Patricia Correia Domingues
Brooch: Serie Duality, 2013
Reconstructed coral, steel
8 x 4,7 x 2 cm
photo by: Manuel Ocaña
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
The Portuguese Germany based Patricia Correia Domingues won the Talente Prize 2014 in the International Trade Fair in Munich. A fair that made 55 years of existence and has one of the most important exhibitions dedicated exclusively to Contemporary Jewelry.
The Portuguese Germany based, Patricia Correia Domingues, won the Talente Prize 2014 in the International Trade Fair in Munich, the Schmuck show. Fair that made 55 years of existence and has one of the most important exhibitions dedicated exclusively to Contemporary Jewelry.

You begin your journey at the School Antonio Arroio in Lisbon. Could you tell us about this start?
I chose to study jewelry, but I remember that I had never thought of this until the day they called us to see some videos about the courses. I wanted to go to General Arts, my opinion soon changed after seeing the pictures about the course. I remember seeing like silver melted slowly and this image has been decisive in my choice.

You kept you your academic path at Barcelona. Why Massana School?
I just knew that I wanted to study abroad, go out and venturing myself. My preference was Amsterdam but a good friend wanted to go to Barcelona. We ended both being interviewed by Professor Ramón Puig Cuyas, coming into artistic jewelry.
Barcelona offered me everything that I was looking for and at school I had the opportunity to raise other issues in relation to the jewelry.
From Lisbon I brought technical skills. After three years in António Arroio, further compounded almost two years of internship at the the atelier of contemporary jewelry designer Inês Nunes. And by having some mastery over the techniques, I could concentrate my studies and efforts on more experimental and reflexive fields.

Then followed the Fachhochschule University. What led you to Idar-Oberstein?
The master was recommended to me by teacher Ramón. At the time it seemed the right thing for me because I didn’t feel ready to start exercising the profession. After three years of study, I had many doubts about the jewelry. I’ve questioned and deconstructed many of the pre-established concepts in my head and put in question many of the values of jewelry. The Master helped me rebuild what in Barcelona I had challenged. And although the teaching methods are similar, I experienced in Germany an intense learning. Maybe because the school is open 24 hours and Idar-Oberstein is a small town in the middle of nowhere without movie theater and a few bars, I found the perfect conditions to be focused and committed to the development of my work. Currently I finished my Master in Jewelry Design and Precious Stones.

Very recently you were awarded. But already in 2012 you received an award in Holland. At the International Jewelry Competition New Traditional Jewelry, with the theme New Nomads. Can you talk about your project Reflections on Landscape3?
This work is representative of what I began to develop in the schuster-nicole-schuster-nicole-beginning-2016-2016 of the master degree. The borders, specially the boundaries of countries, fascinated me and led me to the big questions. Ended up inspiring me, in general, in the divisions of the earth, sometimes by natural way, other times caused. I ended up inspiring me in the divisions of the land, sometimes naturally, sometimes caused by other: by people, by elements... and processes. What defines the schuster-nicole-schuster-nicole-beginning-2016-2016 and the end of things? I started by working the line, scoring divisions while creating unions, which were reflected in this project, where I study the divisions of the human landscape, of the mountains that fragmenting and united in front of me.

Among 66 participants from 25 countries, you won the Talente 2014 award. Which is the concept behind the project you took for the contest?
This project follows the lines of the above. The pieces belong to one series called Duality, and the title suggests this duality of values. One born from the other. From the division of a single block of matter arise two independent forms, one positive and one negative, which when separated bind their union.

And now, after Talente, Do you already have future projects?
I intend to continue my work. I will be attending the festival LEGNICA in Poland, which opens on 16 May with the collective Plateaus Jewelry Project. In November I exhibit at the Amsterdam Fair Sieraad. And although without dates yet decided, I will have my first solo exhibition in Lisbon, at the Gallery Reverso.

Remarks

© Umbigo Edições
Rua Alexandre Herculano, nº39, 4º Esq. • 1250-009 Lisboa • Portugal
Tel: (+351) 213 144 609
umbigo@umbigomagazine.com
http://umbigomagazine.com

Directors: Elsa Garcia e Miguel Matos
Art director (Online): António Néu
In Paper– ISSN: 1645-4804 / Trimestral
Patricia Correia Domingues. Brooch: Serie Duality, 2013. Reconstructed coral, steel. 7,7 x 5,3 x 1,8 cm. photo by: Manuel Ocaña. Patricia Correia Domingues
Reconstructed coral, steel
7,7 x 5,3 x 1,8 cm
Patricia Correia Domingues. Brooch: Serie Duality, 2013. Reconstructed wood, steel. 8,4 x 6 x 1,2 cm. photo by: Manuel Ocaña. Patricia Correia Domingues
Reconstructed wood, steel
8,4 x 6 x 1,2 cm
Patricia Correia Domingues. Brooch: Serie Duality, 2013. Reconstructed wood, steel. 8,2 x 6 x 1,7 cm. photo by: Manuel Ocaña. Patricia Correia Domingues
Reconstructed wood, steel
8,2 x 6 x 1,7 cm
Patricia Correia Domingues. Brooch: Reflections on Landscape 3, 2012. Reconstructed wood, Corian, steel. 7 x 6 x 1 cm. photo by: Manuel Ocaña. Patricia Correia Domingues
Brooch: Reflections on Landscape 3, 2012
Reconstructed wood, Corian, steel
7 x 6 x 1 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE