Artist in Residency Studio Rian de Jong 2014
The Françoise van den Bosch Foundation invites jewellery artists from outside the Netherlands to apply for a two months working period in a studio apartment in the centre of Amsterdam in May and June 2014. Since the year 2000 the Foundation offers this yearly opportunity to live and work in one of the most active jewellery communities in the world.
What is the deal?
The studio and apartment are offered for free between May 1st and July 1st. It is possible to extend your stay with another month on your own expenses (but this should be requested beforehand with the landlord). Not included in the stay are:
1. Travel expenses
3. Living Costs
4. Insurance (third-party insurance is obligatory)
The studio is well equipped and includes a full-furnished apartment. Please see the website of Studio Rian de Jong for more info: www.riandejong.nl/stkd2/stkd2.html
The studio cannot be used for heavy or dirty work (no gypsum, dust and dirt, no heavy metalworking). Further restrictions: no pets, no smoking! Limited guest stay.
The apartment is appropriate for one person.
What does the Foundation expect?
- The applicant should have a professional practice as an art jeweller and be able to work at the studio on a defined project or body of work.
- The applicant is a ‘networker’, e.g. makes contact with the local jewellery community. The Foundation can assist and introduce.
- To be visible during your residency and to install a small temporary and improvised exhibition/presentation in a street vitrine in the studio building, either at the start of your stay or at the end.
- At the schuster-nicole-schuster-nicole-beginning-2016-2016 of the working period, the artist will give a lecture about his/her work at the Rietveld Academy. The lecture is open for jewellery students and teachers of the Academy, the members of the board of the Foundation, for the friends and special invitees of the Foundation.
- During the last days (weekend) of the residency the artist in residence organises an open studio to present the results of the residency.
- A brief report of the artist in residence experience (preferably on the Foundation’s blog on the Françoise van den Bosch website), would be most welcome.
The Foundation is authorized to immediately finish the stay in case of complaints from neighbours or the administrator, and if the studio and apartment are not used for its intended purpose.
Walka at Bienal de Diseño11Jan2017
Parcours bijoux 2017's news23Dec2016
Paula Lindblom at the Christmas Calendar of Galeria Jänis23Dec2016
The Victoria and Albert Museum acquires three of Yong Joo Kim’s bracelets14Dec2016
Works from Maja Houtman at the Schoonhoven Silver Night08Dec2016
Open Call. 92 Y Jewelry Residency Summer 201707Dec2016
Lucilla Giovanninetti exhibition News11Nov2016
Barbara Uderzo exhibition News11Nov2016
Galerie Noel Guyomarc'h at SOFA Chicago 201625Oct2016
Thank you, Liesbeth!09Oct2016
Peter Skubic. Mirrors are invisible27Sep2016
Dauer einer Bewegung27Sep2016
Jessica Turrell at Goldsmiths' Fair, Week two, Tuesday 4 - Sunday 9 October 2016.27Sep2016
Lydon Emerging Artist Program (LEAP)15Aug2016