Haoyue Zhuang Haoyue Zhuang
Author:
IED Istituto Europeo di Design
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
The 8th edition of the New Talent Award by Klimt02 aims to recognize the work of graduate students in our field by supporting their careers in the professional world. Nominated by our school members, in total two graduates will win the New Talent Award and New Talent Audience Award. 
Name of graduation student: Haoyue Zhuang
Name of guiding teachers: Giulia Savino

Nominated by IED Istituto Europeo di Design

Haoyue Zhuang’s project stands out for its unique language. Following her interests, the student created a personal universe and a coherent narration by exploiting all artistic tools available.
The body of work, at first glance diversified and mysterious, is all tied together from a written story and a strong visual representation. Each jewelry piece, presenting an attractive aesthetic, is the result of a rich and complex process of making where 3d technology, new printing solutions and traditional handmade techniques fuse together.
The project of Haoyue Zhuang shines through the freedom of research and the desire for discovery.

/ Giulia Savino

Statement by the artist:
Mathematicians are free to imagine any possible world and artists share the same passion equally.

The idea of extra dimensions is an entire world free for people to discover,  and yet people still don't have a certain view of how extra dimensions would be.
We can only hypothesize these extra dimensions by using mathematical tools, calculations, and our imagination.

Once upon a time, I had a dream. In that dream there was a voice in a red room, that was telling me:
For you, you three-dimensional creature, to study the hyper-dimension is useless. You couldn’t really understand it.

That made me even more curious about the hyper-dimension afterward. I kept researching this concept even though I knew I wouldn’t really perceive the higher dimensional experience. But I know I can transform it, into an artistic abstraction. I made the fiction of the magic travel of Eddie, to prove my idea:
In summary, Eddie is living in an inverted world. His soul curls up in a tiny space inside his own body. He has never perceived the outside world, he can only observe himself as the whole world. One day, two visitors came into his inner world. They are a healer who has an insect appearance and a psychologist who is like a ‘God’. Their arrival makes Eddie's inner world a big difference, they help Eddie restore the order of the world into an ultimate symmetry. Therefore, Eddie backs to normal life.

Email: haoyue.zhuang@gmail.com
Instagram: @mer1cur2y
Phone: +39 3470614529

Find out more about IED Istituto Europeo di Design
Zhuang Haoyue. Necklace: Hospital, 2022. Anodized titanium, silver, resin, pigment.. Photo by: Martina Vittoria Oberti. Zhuang Haoyue
Necklace: Hospital, 2022
Anodized titanium, silver, resin, pigment.
Photo by: Martina Vittoria Oberti
Haoyue Zhuang. Bracelet: Sky wheel, 2022. Anodized titanium.. Photo by: Michele Fogazzi. Haoyue Zhuang
Bracelet: Sky wheel, 2022
Anodized titanium.
Photo by: Michele Fogazzi
Haoyue Zhuang. Brooch: Cross Roas, 2022. Anodized titanium, silver.. Photo by: Martina Vittoria Oberti. Haoyue Zhuang
Brooch: Cross Roas, 2022
Anodized titanium, silver.
Haoyue Zhuang. Brooch: Cross Roas, 2022. Anodized titanium, silver.. Photo by: Martina Vittoria Oberti. On body. . Haoyue Zhuang
Brooch: Cross Roas, 2022
Anodized titanium, silver.

On body.

Haoyue Zhuang. Earrings: The Stairs, 2022. Anodized titanium, silver, beads.. Photo by: Martina Vittoria Oberti. Haoyue Zhuang
Earrings: The Stairs, 2022
Anodized titanium, silver, beads.
Appreciate APPRECIATE