Back
Goldmuseum Taipei - Metal Crafts Competition 2018.
Goldschmitte.

Zoe Brand. A.N.U. School of Art & Design. Selected Graduate 2015

Article  /  Artists   Selected Graduate 2015
Published: 01.06.2017
Zoe Brand Zoe Brand
Author:
A.N.U. School of Art & Design
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:
Zoe Brand
. Installation: What Happens After This, 2015
. 16 printed images, ABS plastic display
. Photo by: Andy Mullens.
Zoe Brand
Installation: What Happens After This, 2015
16 printed images, ABS plastic display
Photo by: Andy Mullens

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
The results of this clearly resolved thinking are right there in every detail of her graduation portfolio, shown below. These works are not only new for Zoe personally, but in many ways they stand alone within the realm of new jewellery. Needless to say, we look forward to see what Zoe Brand does next. / Simon Cottrell
A.N.U. School of Art & Design, Canberra, Australia

Its not often that we come across a student who arrives at university, already having local notoriety within their field. Zoe was already making interesting work before she arrived at ANU in 2013 to begin her Bachelor of Visual Arts with us. Through close analysis of her contemporaries and a high responsiveness to critical feedback, Zoe has decisively sharpened the focus of her aims and intentions, resulting in works that are both astute and highly articulate. Her approach is a clear example of how important it is for a student (or professional artist) to be fully aware of the cultural context in which they stand, to better enable truly distinctive steps forward. The results of this clearly resolved thinking are right there in every detail of her graduation portfolio, shown below. These works are not only new for Zoe personally, but in many ways they stand alone within the realm of new jewellery. Needless to say, we look forward to see what Zoe Brand does next. / Simon Cottrell

Zoe Brand
I make jewellery that uses jewellery archetypes, ready mades and text to explore the performative nature of jewellery as a device for communication. I am concerned with finding language that can describe both the object or the idea of the object, as well as the person who might wear the piece. This body of work draws from readymade forms, more specifically from the plethora of signs and ephemera that are associated with commercial or retail situations and explores the way in which we negotiate commerce and transaction in these environments./ Zoe Brand

Find out more about the courses and deadlines for applications to  A.N.U. School of Art & Design.

Zoe Brand
. Sandwich board: This Is Bigger Than You, 2015
. MDF, webbing, galvanized steel, screws, milk crate, paint.
. Photo by: Andy Mullens.
Zoe Brand
Sandwich board: This Is Bigger Than You, 2015
MDF, webbing, galvanized steel, screws, milk crate, paint.

Zoe Brand. Neckpieces: This Is All I Have Ever Wanted, 2015. Aluminum, commercial display stand.. Photo by: Andy Mullens. Zoe Brand
Neckpieces: This Is All I Have Ever Wanted, 2015
Aluminum, commercial display stand.
Zoe Brand. Neckpiece: I Want More Than This, 2015. Pantograph engraved perspex, crayon, chrome industrial chain, silver, aluminum.. Photo by: Andy Mullens. On model.. Zoe Brand
Neckpiece: I Want More Than This, 2015
Pantograph engraved perspex, crayon, chrome industrial chain, silver, aluminum.
On model.
Zoe Brand. Neckpiece: I Want This, 2015. Pantograph engraved perspex, crayon, chrome industrial chain, silver, aluminum.. Photo by: Andy Mullens. Zoe Brand
Neckpiece: I Want This, 2015
Pantograph engraved perspex, crayon, chrome industrial chain, silver, aluminum.
Zoe Brand,
. 2015
. Photo by: Andy Mullens
. Installation view..
Zoe Brand,
Installation view.

Zoe Brand. Neckpiece: This Is The One, 2015. Silver, plastic suction cup, Perspex, metal.. Photo by: Andy Mullens. Installation view.. Zoe Brand
Neckpiece: This Is The One, 2015
Silver, plastic suction cup, Perspex, metal.
Installation view.
Appreciate APPRECIATE