Andreu de la Viuda Andreu de la Viuda
Author:
Escola d'Art La Industrial
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
During his studies at the school, Andreu stood out for a great interest in technique and experimentation with metals, seeking their limits and trying to expand the range of colors that he could achieve with them. Here he had his first contact with the Mokume-Gane technique working in a small format.
/Sònia Serrano
Later, during his Erasmus scholarship in Budapest, he developed this technique on silversmith, molding pieces such as bowls and other objects. In his final project, he experienced the possibilities of the technique and also its difficulties and limitations. Now he presents us these somewhat hyper-realistic pieces, with a naive point, where he develops a great wealth of textures and details. He plays with metal providing all kinds of nuances, a precious and detailed work where he continues looking for mastery of the technique.
/Sònia Serrano

During my time as a jewelry student, I have been able to find out what I enjoy and why I continue to be so attached to this trade. It is not to do with the jewel, nor with the design itself, or the concept or the materials that are used. Although all these things seem interesting to me, what really grabs me has more to do with the accomplishment, with the ability, the thinking, and necessary knowledge to resolve conflicts during the creation process. I consider this project to be one more part of my learning to better understand the metals I work with. I am in a process of constant experimentation with different metals and alloys, and the more I practice, the more new ideas arise and the greater my desire to keep improving.
/ Andreu de la Viuda

More work and contact:
Email: andreu.artesa@gmail.com
Instagram: @andreu.artesa

Name of graduation student: Andreu de la Viuda Borràs.
Name of the guiding teacher: Sònia Serrano.

Find out more about the courses at Escola d'Art La Industrial.
Andreu de la Viuda. Pendant: Untitled, 2020. Copper, silver.. 5.5 x 3.5 cm. Andreu de la Viuda
Pendant: Untitled, 2020
Copper, silver.
5.5 x 3.5 cm
Andreu de la Viuda. Pendant: Untitled, 2020. Silver, shibuichi.. 6.5 x 3.5 cm. Andreu de la Viuda
Silver, shibuichi.
6.5 x 3.5 cm
Andreu de la Viuda. Pendant: Untitled, 2020. Copper, silver.. 5 x 5.5 cm. Andreu de la Viuda
Copper, silver.
5 x 5.5 cm
Andreu de la Viuda. Pendant: Untitled, 2020. Copper, silver, shibuichi.. 6.5 x 4 cm. Andreu de la Viuda
Copper, silver, shibuichi.
6.5 x 4 cm
Andreu de la Viuda. Pendant: Untitled, 2020. Copper, silver, gold 750.. 6 x 4.5 cm. Andreu de la Viuda
Copper, silver, gold 750.
6 x 4.5 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE