Cristina Alises Cristina Alises
Author:
EASD València
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
Cristina's pieces are recognized at first glance by their structure through lines and planes, sometimes minimal. Other times more complex, their latest modular constructions start from tubes as a base joined by nodes and elastic forming scaffolds.
/ Kepa Carmona, Guiding teacher
Name of graduation student: Cristina Alises
Name of guiding teachers: Kepa Carmona

Nominated by EASD València, Spain

Cristina Alises creates jewelry as a form of therapy. Her research in jewelry has been marked in the formal field by geometries, flat colors and the mixture of traditional and alternative materials. In terms of concept, human emotions take his interest. Cristina's pieces are recognized at first glance by their structure through lines and planes, sometimes minimal. Other times more complex, their latest modular constructions start from tubes as a base joined by nodes and elastic forming scaffolds. As a student, she has had the virtue of work and the ability of a sponge to open her mind to experimentation and research in jewelry that will lead her to bring something innovative to our little world.
/ Kepa Carmona, Guiding teacher

Summary of the Thesis:
There is a visual relationship between the outside look of a work and its process, both inherently joined elements. A bond that human beings also share. Each piece represents a feeling and what this emotion means for me. How are these two concepts link? Because they are part of a whole, like the emotions of our mind. My inspiration comes from different styles of architecture. Some houses have been source of inspiration both figuratively and phisycally, as in its proportions. The facade is what we project, the appearance; while the rooms or floors reflect our thoughts, our decisions, and how we organize them. I use jewelry as a channel to manage critical moments in my life. Through art, I have managed to let my imagination fly and thus I feel like I found a relationship between the pieces and myself. I use an objective methodology, where I develop pieces that seem removable. Through the use of elements related to architecture, I feel the emotions I unconsciously extract from my interior and I get conscious of my behaviour patterns at the time of feeling these emotions. And those get reflected in the jewels. Using my unconscious at the time of creating the pieces, to acknowledge my repressed experiences, allows me to give them a real form, which leads me to overcome and understand them. The methodology I have used to carry out the project has been very important, since it was not a project just to make a collection of pieces to express myself, but an enriching, therapeutic process.

1. The First Glance
In the first place, I carefully reviewed the information on the subject: Appearance / Reality / Emotion management.
2. Saturation
Reaction to the works using emotion management: Hide parts of the pieces to play with the viewer.
3. Incubation
Realization of pieces forming parts of the mind: I wanted to relate jewelry and emotion management and so, I use my art as therapy.
4. The Relief
I started the workshop, assembly and finishing phase.
5. Verfication
To finish this creative cycle, I checked whether the chosen designs really conveyed my emotions, both to the public and to myself. In short, I understood that contemporary jewelry could help me to get to know myself and to grow emotionally.

/ Cristina Alises

More work and contacts:
Instagram: @CristinAlises

Find out more about the courses at EASD València

Cristina Alises. Brooch: Autocontrol, 2021. 925ct silver, stainless steel, guitar string, heat shrink tubing.. 7 x 7 x 6 cm. From series: Reconstrucción. Unique piece. Cristina Alises
Brooch: Autocontrol, 2021
925ct silver, stainless steel, guitar string, heat shrink tubing.
7 x 7 x 6 cm
From series: Reconstrucción
Unique piece
Cristina Alises. Brooch: Asertividad, 2021. 925ct silver, stainless steel, latex, rubber, heat shrink tubing.. 9 x 3 x 6 cm. Unique piece. Cristina Alises
Brooch: Asertividad, 2021
925ct silver, stainless steel, latex, rubber, heat shrink tubing.
9 x 3 x 6 cm
Unique piece
Cristina Alises. Brooch: Empatía, 2021. 925ct silver, stainless steel, heat shrink tubing.. 7 x 4 x 6 cm. From series: Reconstrucción. Unique piece. Cristina Alises
Brooch: Empatía, 2021
925ct silver, stainless steel, heat shrink tubing.
7 x 4 x 6 cm
Unique piece
Cristina Alises. Brooch: Proactividad, 2021. 925ct silver, stainless steel, rubber, heat shrink tubing.. 8 x 4 x 7 cm. From series: Reconstrucción. Unique piece. Cristina Alises
Brooch: Proactividad, 2021
925ct silver, stainless steel, rubber, heat shrink tubing.
8 x 4 x 7 cm
Unique piece
Brooches from series Reconst rucción by Cristina Alises. .
Brooches from series Reconst rucción by Cristina Alises.

Appreciate APPRECIATE