Guy Howe Conners Guy Howe Conners
Author:
Edinburgh College of Art
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
The 8th edition of the New Talents Award by Klimt02 aims to recognize the work of graduate students in our field by supporting their careers in the professional world. Nominated by our school members, one of the selected graduates will win the New Talents Award.

The natural world provides endless inspiration. Using a process of abstraction and beautification I use nature’s shapes, patterns, colours, and textures to create weird and wonderful designs that adorn the body.

Name of graduation student: Guy Howe Conners
Name of guiding teachers: Jennifer Gray

Nominated by Edinburgh College of Arts
Guys' collection culminated from diverse and exuberant design iterations.  The jewellery collection represents that first green shoots of an exciting career in designing and making. His work challenges aesthetic and material juxtapositions of precious and non-precious. He is an energetic designer brimming with creative talent. 
/ Jennifer Gray, Program Director

The statement of the artist
I create bold, innovative, and playful jewellery that aims to make the wearer feel beautiful and powerful.
The natural world provides endless inspiration. Using a process of abstraction and beautification I use nature’s shapes, patterns, colours, and textures to create weird and wonderful designs that adorn the body.
My ‘Strange by Nature’ collection juxtaposes strangely organic and synthetic otherworldly forms.  I aim to create futuristic jewellery that inspires confidence in the wearer.

Email: ghcjewellery@gmail.com
Instagram: @guyhoweconners_jewellery

Find out more about Edinburgh College of Arts

Guy Howe Conners. Ring: Strange by Nature, 2022. Base metal, spray paint, silver. 3 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm. Photo by: Shannon Tofts. Guy Howe Conners
Ring: Strange by Nature, 2022
Base metal, spray paint, silver
3 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm
Photo by: Shannon Tofts
Guy Howe Conners. Ring: Strange by Nature, 2022. Base metal, spray paint, silver. 3 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm. Photo by: Shannon Tofts. On body view. Guy Howe Conners
Ring: Strange by Nature, 2022
Base metal, spray paint, silver
3 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm
Photo by: Shannon Tofts

On body view

Guy Howe Conners. Earrings: Strange by Nature, 2022. Silver, 18ct Gold. 3.5 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm. Photo by: Cosmo Wesenbeek. Guy Howe Conners
Earrings: Strange by Nature, 2022
Silver, 18ct Gold
3.5 x 1.5 x 5.5 cm
Photo by: Cosmo Wesenbeek
Guy Howe Conners. Earrings: Strange by Nature, 2022. Brass, spray paint, silver. 3 x 1.5 x 5 cm. Photo by: Cosmo Wesenbeek. Guy Howe Conners
Brass, spray paint, silver
3 x 1.5 x 5 cm
Guy Howe Conners. Earrings: Strange by Nature, 2022. Base metal, spray paint, silver, pearls. 2.5 x 1.5 x 6 cm. Photo by: Cosmo Wesenbeek. Guy Howe Conners
Base metal, spray paint, silver, pearls
2.5 x 1.5 x 6 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE