Back
Goldmuseum Taipei - Metal Crafts Competition 2018.
Hochschule Idar Oberstein.
Goldschmitte.
Joya 2017 skyscraper.

Hayley Grafflin. Sheffield Hallam University. Selected Graduate 2017

Article  /  Selected Graduate 2017   Artists
Published: 22.08.2017
Hayley Grafflin Hayley Grafflin
Author:
Sheffield Hallam University
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
Hayley consistently challenges herself and how she sees the world. She observes the different layers of life as she travels, and interprets her findings intuitively through material experimentation. It is interesting to watch people engaging with her jewellery, as they question the emotions this work evokes in them and they delight in the innovative mechanical details that are known only to the wearer. / Alison Counsell
Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, United Kingdom

Moments (of Control)
I am intrinsically drawn to hidden beauty and gritty details; eroded layers of paint revealing rust in every shade of orange imaginable, the soot covered pipes of the London underground that seem so vibrant and yet are entirely black. My desire is to communicate this beauty through moments and gestures which entice curiosity and evoke emotions.

Using traditional jewellery techniques to frame, pin and suspend, I seek to control these moments; when is a piece finished? How much control is necessary? By working intuitively with my materials, I answer these questions in a natural and meaningful way, creating highly tactile work which aims to take the wearer on a journey of the world through my eyes and through my touch.

More works and contact:
Email: hayleygrafflinjewellery@gmail.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hayleygrafflinjewellery/?hl=de

Find out more about the courses and deadlines for applications to Sheffield Hallam University.

Hayley Grafflin. Brooch: Dark Thoughts, 2017.  African Blackwood, Silver, brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel. 5.5 x 5 cm. Photo by: Hayley Grafflin. Hayley Grafflin
Brooch: Dark Thoughts, 2017
 African Blackwood, Silver, brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel
5.5 x 5 cm
Photo by: Hayley Grafflin
Hayley Grafflin. Necklace: Flow, 2017.  African Blackwood, silver, brass, steel, paper. 40 x 9 cm. Photo by: Hayley Grafflin. Hayley Grafflin
Necklace: Flow, 2017
 African Blackwood, silver, brass, steel, paper
40 x 9 cm
Hayley Grafflin. Earrings: Fleeting, 2017.  African Blackwood, silver, brass, low temperature enamel. 3.8 x 1.2 cm. Photo by: Rachel Brockley. Hayley Grafflin
Earrings: Fleeting, 2017
 African Blackwood, silver, brass, low temperature enamel
3.8 x 1.2 cm
Photo by: Rachel Brockley
Hayley Grafflin. Brooch: Linear Thinking, 2017. African Blackwood, silver brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel. 8 x 3.5 cm. Hayley Grafflin
Brooch: Linear Thinking, 2017
African Blackwood, silver brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel
8 x 3.5 cm
Hayley Grafflin. Earrings: Static, 2017. African Blackwood, silver, low temperature enamel.. Photo by: Hayley Grafflin. On Model. Hayley Grafflin
Earrings: Static, 2017
African Blackwood, silver, low temperature enamel.
On Model

Hayley Grafflin. Brooch: Now, 2017.  Padauk, brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel.. Photo by: Hayley Grafflin. On Model. Hayley Grafflin
Brooch: Now, 2017
 Padauk, brass, steel, paper, low temperature enamel.
On Model

Appreciate APPRECIATE