Manufacturas Autenticas Xan Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Author:
EASD València
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
Manufacturas Auténticas Xan is one of those authors who prefer to modify his name to sign his work, and this is consistent with the type of objects he produces: modified utensils that recall certain industrial archaeology. In this series, he reuses razors that could perfectly be in a design museum and integrates them with elements taken from small toys. Xan exploits with humour and irony the surprise factor in the interaction with the public, without leaving aside the precision of the technical aspects and the exquisiteness of the complementary materials. In addition, his Graduation Project clearly represents one of the lines of research, called “Techno-jewels”, that proposes to the students the Jewellery Specialty of our School.
/ Professor Carlos Pastor
My academic training prior to jewelry, I am an Industrial Technical Engineer and Industrial Designer, has always had a relationship with design, so working from an object has always been very recurrent for me. For a long time, my professional and artistic career has been based above all on the recovery, reuse or recycling of objects or materials to create different ones, mainly in the field of furniture, lighting, decoration and interior design. When starting jewelry studies, in addition to giving my pieces that personal imprint of recycling and reuse, I have always been interested in my designs having some movement, that the jewel performs some action and that it interacts with its wearer or with the person who he admires it, causing a feeling of surprise or even dialogue, thus increasing the value of the jewel itself. So for this project I have used some household items to turn them into jewelery, the Philips electric razors. It has always been an object that has caught my attention a lot, for its design, its shapes, its mechanisms ... Especially the old ones of the Philips brand. They seem to me to be well-designed objects, simple and without too many decorations, with attractive shapes and good color combinations.

These razors, when disassembled and separate their mechanical part, the shapes of their bodies allow to incorporate certain electronic elements such as LEDs and circuits to emit sounds. Furthermore, the blade support systems are actuated by a button which opens said support, providing dynamism to the pieces. The theme of the project is defined by the title, which is simply a pun on the brooches and the objects chosen to make them: ShAVE THE BROOCHES - Shave shaving. - Save from saving. On the one hand, the title launches a message of salvation for the brooches, with the intention of giving them a new meaning and giving them more life, since the idea is to make brooches that are not simply static objects and that do not say anything beyond their mere contemplation or aesthetic character but also they interact with the viewer in a more dynamic way.

On the other hand, it defines the main elements that make up the project, the razors. They are brooches that surprise, that tell you beautiful things, that make you laugh and dance ... but above all, they are pieces that create a dialogue between the wearer and the person who admires him.​

/ Manufacturas Autenticas Xan

Technical Details:
The razors, after disassembled to discard their rear part and its mechanical part, have been mounted on frames made of noble woods reproducing the silhouette of the razor itself. Each one has a different ending on the edge. The wooden frames are attached to the razors by means of stainless steel allen screws with the head flush with the wood itself. Inside I have incorporated electronic circuits taken from small toys that emit sounds and lights and that help promote surprise actions and movement of the pieces. These circuits are connected by pressing the buttons that the razor has to access the blade support system. To access the electronic part and to change the batteries, simply separate the two parts using the allen screws. To make the skewers of the clasps, in addition to the stainless steel thread, I have used the blades of the razors themselves and the protectors of the blades of others. Each part, apart from its name, which corresponds to the model of the razor, has a secondary name that is related to the type of action it performs.

More work and contacts:
Email: xantataxan@gmail.com
Instagram: @manufacturas_autenticas_xan

Name of graduation student: Manufacturas Autenticas Xan.
Name of the guiding teacher: Carlos Pastor.

Find out more about the courses at EASD València, Valencia, Spain.

Manufacturas Autenticas Xan. Brooch: PHILIPS SC7910E. SURPRISE edition, 2018. Electric shaver, electronic circuit, granadillo wood, steel.. Characteristics: Light, sound and surprise.. Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Brooch: PHILIPS SC7910E. SURPRISE edition, 2018
Electric shaver, electronic circuit, granadillo wood, steel.

Characteristics: Light, sound and surprise.

Manufacturas Autenticas Xan. Brooch: PHILIPS SC7960. PHOTO edition, 2018. Electric shaver, electronic circuit, ebony wood, steel.. Characteristics: Light and sound.. Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Brooch: PHILIPS SC7960. PHOTO edition, 2018
Electric shaver, electronic circuit, ebony wood, steel.

Characteristics: Light and sound.

Manufacturas Autenticas Xan. Brooch: PHILIPS SC7920, LOVE edition, 2018. Electric shaver, electronic circuit, purple heart wood, steel.. Characteristics: Light and sound.. Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Brooch: PHILIPS SC7920, LOVE edition, 2018
Electric shaver, electronic circuit, purple heart wood, steel.

Manufacturas Autenticas Xan. Brooch: PHILIPS HP1119. DISCO edition, 2018. Electric shaver, electronic circuit, cocobolo wood, steel.. Characteristics: RGB light and adjustable sound.. Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Brooch: PHILIPS HP1119. DISCO edition, 2018
Electric shaver, electronic circuit, cocobolo wood, steel.

Characteristics: RGB light and adjustable sound.

Manufacturas Autenticas Xan. Brooch: PHILIPS HP1112. ACTION edition, 2020. Electric shaver, electronic circuit, olive wood steel.. Characteristics: Light and sound.. Manufacturas Autenticas Xan
Brooch: PHILIPS HP1112. ACTION edition, 2020
Electric shaver, electronic circuit, olive wood steel.

Appreciate APPRECIATE