Back

Mor Carolina Berger. Design and Art, Shenkar College of Engineering. New Talent Award Nominee 2022

Article  /  NewTalentsByKlimt02   Artists
Published: 01.08.2022
Carolina Mor Berger Carolina Mor Berger
Author:
Design and Art Shenkar College of Engineering
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
My final project started at a time when I was experiencing changes in my mental state, a feeling of inner instability. Through the study, I found a deep connection between mental balance and the balance system of the water in the body.
Name of graduation student: Mor Carolina Berger
Name of guiding teachers: Yael Ouliel, Noy Alon

Nominated by Shenkar College of Engineering, Design and Art.

Statement by the artist:
'I was born and raised in Herzliya, close to Tel Aviv, and since I was little I have always found myself more attracted to the artistic and creative side of everything. I have always loved singing and performing so in the seventh grade I started learning how to sing properly, and also learned to play the piano. It was my way of expressing myself, but I still always referred to it as a hobby.
Later in life, when I was 19 and in the middle of my military service, I started engaging in simple jewellery making and was making jewellery for my friends and family. Slowly came the desire to study the subject in a more professional way in order to create for myself complete freedom in creation and design. I wanted to know how to use different metals and process them into shapes that are in my head, and of course, also learn design.

In October 2018 I started studying for a bachelor’s degree in jewellery design at Shenkar College and I have just finished my fourth year. The design has taken up a very essential place in my life and currently provides me with a way of expressing myself. My design mostly refers to volumetric and round shapes, and some say feminine. Mechanisms have always interested me so some of my works also incorporate movement.
The questions that have been preoccupying me lately concern subjects of body and mind, and the connection between them.

In this series of jewellery, I refer to internal organs that play an essential role in the balance of water inside our bodies. Not only do they connect to our physical balance, but also to our emotional balance. The jewels express the connection between our physical organs and our emotions. My design process for each organ is influenced by the emotion it triggers. I chose to present the emotional balance system outside the body, and by doing that turning the tangible body into an emotional representation. Normally, hidden beneath the external and thus producing the wearer a balance between body and mind.
Each one of the jewels is a brooch that is connected to the body through two needles on each side of the organ, in order to make it balanced as well.'

More work and contacts:
Email: morcarolina7@gmail.com
Phone: 0547220808
Instagram: morcarolinajewelry

Find out more about Shenkar College of Engineering, Design and Art

Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: Kidneys Brooch, 2022. Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 21 x 5 x 19 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Mor Carolina Berger
Brooch: Kidneys Brooch, 2022
Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.
21 x 5 x 19 cm
Photo by: Saar Schwartz
From series: H2 sOul
Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: Kidneys Brooch, 2022. Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 21 x 5 x 19 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Alternative view.. Mor Carolina Berger
Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.
21 x 5 x 19 cm

Alternative view.

Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: Kidneys Brooch, 2022. Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 21 x 5 x 19 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. On body view.. Mor Carolina Berger
21 x 5 x 19 cm

On body view.

Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: H2 sOul, 2022. Copper plated enamel, silver, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, beads, cubic zirconia.. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Techniques: 3D print, classic jewellery making.. Mor Carolina Berger
Brooch: H2 sOul, 2022
Copper plated enamel, silver, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, beads, cubic zirconia.
Techniques: 3D print, classic jewellery making.
Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: H2 sOul, 2022. Copper plated enamel, silver, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, beads, cubic zirconia.. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Alternative view.Techniques: 3D print, classic jewellery making.. Mor Carolina Berger
Copper plated enamel, silver, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, beads, cubic zirconia.

Alternative view.
Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: H2 sOul, 2022. Copper plated enamel, silver, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, beads, cubic zirconia.. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. On body view.Techniques: 3D print, classic jewellery making.. Mor Carolina Berger

On body view.
Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: Stomach Brooch, 2022. Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 10 x 4.5 x 25 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Mor Carolina Berger
Brooch: Stomach Brooch, 2022
10 x 4.5 x 25 cm
Mor Carolina Berger. Brooch: Stomach Brooch, 2022. Copper plated with enamel, silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 10 x 4.5 x 25 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. On body view.. Mor Carolina Berger
Brooch: Stomach Brooch, 2022
10 x 4.5 x 25 cm

On body view.

Mor Carolina Berger. Object: The Brain, 2022. Silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.. 14 x 15 x 23 cm. Photo by: Saar Schwartz. From series: H2 sOul. Mor Carolina Berger
Object: The Brain, 2022
Silver 925, clear plastic, plastic pipes, rubber wires, cubic zirconia.
14 x 15 x 23 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE