Back
Sieraad 2018 fair Skyscraper.
Goldschmitte 2018 skyscraper.

Stephanie Penner. Pforzheim University School of Design, BA Jewellery Design. Selected Graduate 2018

Published: 23.07.2018
Stephanie Penner, photo by Simon Tag. Stephanie Penner, photo by Simon Tag.
Author:
Pforzheim University / School of Design
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Barcelona
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
A part of Steffi´s degree work was a short Interview with her grandparents. In this film, her grandmother demonstrates how they used to play with paper cut dolls when they were children. In this film, she demonstrates how the children learned to make simple paper dolls and furniture to have fun with limited space and money. All was needed were paper, a pair of scissors, some imagination and the space of a kitchen table. When dinner was ready the miniature world was folded and put back in between the pages of a book until there was time to play again.
Steffi´s work values the time we need to play. And the creative power of a pair of scissors. 

/ Professor Andreas Gut
Pforzheim University / School of Design, BA Jewellery Design, Germany.

PLAYING PLAYING PLAYING
„Do you want to play with me?“
With this 
sentence we made our first friends.
Because playing connects people. Even across generations. A grandfather has the opportunity to build a connection to his grandchild through a 
self-build toy. And even when that grandchild is grown up, it has the memories of the toy and his grandfather.
We all have memories of toys. Good and bad.
But now that we are grown up, and what remains of these memories?
I had an interesting 
meeting when I was doing research for this project. I was reading a book about dolls, and a dapper old lady approached me and asked what I was reading. I told her about my growing interest in toys, stuffed animals and dolls. Then she told me: When she was a little girl, her mum always wanted her to play with dolls. But she had no interest in them. She enjoyed playing with a stuffed animal which was a little black lamb with wild black curls. While the lady was telling me this, her eyes sparkled and I could see the little black lamb with the curly hair before my inner eye. At this moment I felt great sympathy for this woman. 
Playing or sometimes just the 
memories of it connects people.
Maybe we can wear those memories. Wear them on the outside, on our clothes. Our 
toys had a big impact on us, they gave us our first identities. We can wear them in the open, s symbols, as a part of us.
We no longer need the teddy bear as an 
object that gives us comfort. That is why he no longer needs to be soft and cuddly. He is now made out of metal and a companion of a different kind. He is now Jewelery.
/ Stephanie Penner

More works and contacts:
Email: steffipenner@gmail.com
Instagram: pennerschmuck

Find out more about the courses and deadlines for applications to Pforzheim University / School of Design.

Stephanie Penner. Necklace: Teddy, 2018. Silver 925, deer-leather.. 14 x 9 x 5 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. Stephanie Penner
Necklace: Teddy, 2018
Silver 925, deer-leather.
14 x 9 x 5 cm
Photo by: Petra Jaschke
Stephanie Penner. Necklace: Teddy, 2018. Silver 925, deer-leather.. 14 x 9 x 5 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. Alternative view, Running Teddy.. Stephanie Penner
Necklace: Teddy, 2018
14 x 9 x 5 cm

Alternative view, Running Teddy.

Stephanie Penner. Brooch: Paperdolls, 2018. Silver 925.. 7 x 6 x 0.5 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. Stephanie Penner
Brooch: Paperdolls, 2018
Silver 925.
7 x 6 x 0.5 cm
Stephanie Penner. Brooch: Mario Flower, 2018. Silver 925, spray-paint.. 4 x 2.5 x 1 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. Stephanie Penner
Brooch: Mario Flower, 2018
Silver 925, spray-paint.
4 x 2.5 x 1 cm
Stephanie Penner. Set: Big + Small Matroschka, 2018. Silver 925, deer leather, magnets.. 8 x 5 x 5 cm, 6 x 4 x 4 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. Stephanie Penner
Set: Big + Small Matroschka, 2018
Silver 925, deer leather, magnets.
8 x 5 x 5 cm, 6 x 4 x 4 cm
Stephanie Penner. Set: Big + Small Matroschka, 2018. Silver 925, deer leather, magnets.. 8 x 5 x 5 cm, 6 x 4 x 4 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. On body, Big Matroschka.. Stephanie Penner

On body, Big Matroschka.

Stephanie Penner. Set: Big + Small Matroschka, 2018. Silver 925, deer leather, magnets.. 8 x 5 x 5 cm, 6 x 4 x 4 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschke. On body, Small Matroschka.. Stephanie Penner

On body, Small Matroschka.

Stephanie Penner. Necklace: Horse, 2018. Silver 925, deer-leather.. 11 x 11 x 4 cm. Photo by: Petra Jaschk. Stephanie Penner
Necklace: Horse, 2018
11 x 11 x 4 cm
Photo by: Petra Jaschk
Appreciate APPRECIATE