- Text by:
- André Gali, Felicity Milburn, Abake
- Edited by:
- Edited at:
- Edited on:
- Technical data:
- 766 pages. Water drop Soft plastic cover. 11 x 15.5 cm. Color photographs.
- ISBN / ISSN:
- from 30 £
Lisa Walker’s audaciously imagined works don’t sit comfortably within the contours of conventional jewellery. Co-opting increasingly unlikely materials - animal skins, children’s toys, even kitchen utensils - she confounds expectations, redrawing the margins in strange and delightful ways. An acute sense of colour and composition, alongside a healthy sense of irony, have made Walker one of New Zealand’s most influential art jewellers.
- Francis Upritchard: Instant classic
- Someone nice on twitter: If you enjoyed the exhibition Lisa Walker: 0+0=0, then make sure you check out the @chchartgallerystore for their selection of Lisa Walker’s amazing books. Her new limited edition publication is a literal work of art and can even be worn as a piece of jewellery!
- Lisa Walker: It’s really OK for people to wear odd-looking brooches. I don’t always know what I’m doing. I hope it stays like that.
- Dent-De-Leone: Our only regret about this book is that we only made 888 of it. We love Lisa, she makes the best jewellery in the world -it is that simple- we share that with you.
First edition of 888, of which 88 are special.
Texts in English.
Gioielli in Fermento Master Collection
Daniel Kruger: On Camp Ceramics and Other Diversions. Ceramic 1984-2005
Preziosa 2009. Cutting the mirror. An aesthetic lexicon
Preziosa 2013. Un Certain Regard
Preziosa 2007-08. Timetales, Jewellery as a representation of reflections on Time
Preziosa 2005. A new concept of preciousness. Material, source of creative inspiration
Findings by Manon Van Kouswijk
Schmuck als urbaner Prozess. Artistic Interventions in Urban Space. Documentation of a Research Project
Hibernate, Helena Lehtinen, Eija Mustonen and Tarja Tuupanen
On Collecting. Documents on Contemporary Crafts No. 4
Tone Vigeland. Jewellery, Objects, Sculpture
David Bielander. Twenty Years. 2016-1996
Doris Betz, Jewellery and Drawing
Jewellery Design, Sketches Notes Renderings