Open Call for the Art Jewelry Night Budapest Competition 2019
Open call / 24 Apr 2019 - 07 Jul 2019
Art Jewelry Night Budapest
- Anna Börcsök
The competition is open to professional jewellery designers, to artists who work in different field yet their work is related to jewellery design, and also to students who studies in this specific field.
The topic of this year’s competition: CONTROLS/CTRL+S
This year we are looking for answers saved as jewellery of the following questions:
Do the rules control us or the other way around?
Do we adapt to the rules or do we overwrite them? Do the traditions inspire us or they make our hands tied?
07.07.2019: Submission deadline
20.09.2019: Expected date of the opening ceremony
20.09 - 20.10.2019: Expected duration of the exhibition
Etentuk Inemesit HU, Editor in chief Artlocator Magazine.
Erato Kouloubi GR, Jewelry Designer, Co-Founder of Popeye Loves Olive Art Space, Co-Founder of Athens Jewelry Week and the Anticlastics team.
Niki Stylianou GR, Contemporary Jewelry and Objects, Creativity Consulting/Coaching, Co-Founder of Athens Jewelry Week and the Anticlastics team.
Jorge Manilla MX, Jewellery designer, researcher at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts University in Antwerpen.
We expect jewelleries, unique or mini-series artworks that are in compliance with contemporary jewellery design’s concept, and were made in the past 2 years (2017-2019). Only the awarded pieces will be presented at the exhibition. One can apply with either 3 art pieces, a series or a collection. Application materials will be inspected by the organizers of the competition. They are responsible for all the entries and applications. If they do not match with the requirements, the contestant will be eliminated. The final decision will be made by a professional independent jury. The results will be sent out to every participant via email.
We kindly ask you to send all the documents attached to your email.
- Fully completed application form that includes the description of the art piece’s concept. The description must include how the concept of the art piece is related to the topic of the competition. The application form must include the copyright declaration as well.
- At least 3 photos (not larger than of 2-2,5 MB, 300 dpi resolution) from different angles (front, behind and from the side) that show the art piece in every detail. Please use the following naming convention: artist_nameoftheartpiece_yearofmaking.jpg. It helps if the photo is taken in front of a homogeneous background and it is worn by a model.
- Receipt of bank transfer that confirms the payment of the application fee.
The applications are handled by the organizers of the Art Jewellery Night. Questions or concern regarding the competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to exhibit affects all the work that has received a positive evaluation! Individuals/groups/ organizations invited by the organizers can choose from these works.
- Art Jewellery Night Award. The founder team will reward one of the artists/participants with a high-value gift-pack.
- AJW Award. Anticlastics will reward one of the artists/participants of the Art Jewellery Night with the Athens Jewelry Week Award. His/her work should show originality, technical quality, and conceptual richness. The winner will be invited to participate for free, in the following AJW edition.
Other awards will be announced later.
The following will be taken into consideration during the evaluation:
Conveying the artistic message. Genuine composition and material. Professional and technical innovation. Harmony between the design and the idea behind the piece.
Application fee: 20 Euro
The payment of the application fee must be done via bank transfer, and it must be received by the deadline of the application to the following account:
- The address of the bank/ Recipient's bank address: OTP BANK, H-1052 Budapest, Deák Ferenc utca 7-9. (Postal code: 1052, Deák Ferenc Street 7-9, Budapest, HUNGARY).
- The name of the owner/Recipient's full name or company name: FISE - Fiatal Iparművészek Studiója Egyesület.
- The adress of recipient: Budapest, Kálmán Imre street. 16, 1054 Hungary.
- bank account:11705008-20436113
- OTP Bank SWIFT code: OTPVHUHB
- IBAN: HU26117050082043611300000000
The winning participants have no further financial obligations.
We do not refund the application fee in any case.
Participating in the competition does not equal taking part in the exhibition.
Delivery of the art piece(s)
The artists are asked to send their art pieces in the appropriate package to the gallery of FISE at their own expense.
The package cannot exceed 4 kg!
We ensure insurance during the exhibition for the exhibited artworks.
The exhibited artworks will be sent back in their original package, two weeks after the end of the exhibition, the latest (November 3rd). The cost of the returning package is borne by the artist, including any additional costs that may emerge (e.g. taxes). The organizers are not responsible for any damage or loss that may be caused by the transfer of the art pieces.
Further information: email@example.com
By submitting the application, the participant accepts the terms and conditions set out in this call.
Open Call for the LOEWE Craft Prize 2020. 4th edition12Jul2019 - 30Oct2019
Open Call for Assistant at Jewellery design, Gold and Silversmithing Department12Jul2019 - 11Aug2019
Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp. Artesis Plantijn University College
Open Call for Broken Beauty Exhibition11Jul2019 - 17Oct2019
Open Call for the IV Contemporary Goldsmithing and Jewelry Curated Exhibition10Jul2019 - 25Sep2019
Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas
Open Call for Radical Pavlova 2019. A one night only event08Jul2019 - 04Aug2019
Call for applications: Schmuck 202008Jul2019 - 08Oct2019
Handwerkskammer für München und Oberbayern
Open Call for Contemporary Human Beings Recruitment Project: Eat It!07Jul2019 - 14Jul2019
RMS. Ruddy Metal Studio
Open Call: Galleries at FRAME 2020 in Munich02Jul2019 - 30Sep2019
Internationale Handwerkmesse Munich
Open Call for Talente Competition 202017Jun2019 - 08Oct2019
Internationale Handwerkmesse Munich
Open Call for Assistant of San W Gallery and Studio06Jun2019 - 31Aug2019
San W Gallery and Studio
Open Call for AIVA three month Artist in Residence programme27May2019 - 30Nov2019
Academy of International Visual Arts
Open Call for Artistar Jewels 2019. Fall Edition20May2019 - 19Jul2019
Open Call for full-time PhD-students in the Visual arts17May2019 - 03Jun2019
PXL-MAD School of Arts
Open Call for 9 March Project, Contemporary Jewelry exploring issues of gender and feminism10May2019 - 15Sep2019
9 March Project
Moscow, Russian Federation
Open Call for Enjoia't Awards 201907May2019 - 09Jun2019