Journal of Jewellery Research
Journal of Jewellery Research are waiting for papers that investigate jewellery design, theory and the contexts in which it operates. They support jewellery related research into materials, techniques, methodologies, social practice, concepts and aesthetics. Submissions are sought that respond to one or more of the themes.
Submissions can be made in two forms of academic paper: Conventional and Visual/Textual – please see descriptions of each and formatting requirements below.
We welcome papers that echo a traditional journal paper format (i.e. are composed predominantly from text with images interspersed in the writing to supplement the points being made).
30 June 2017 Deadline for Submission of Full Paper
29 September 2017 Notification to Authors of Reviews and Amendments Required
31 October 2017 Deadline for Resubmission of Amended Paper
28 November 2017 Notification to Authors of Acceptance of Full Paper
December 2017 Online Publication of Issue 1
Reguirements for submission:
1. Authors are requested to specify in the submission email message which type of paper they are submitting: ‘Conventional Paper’, or ‘Visual/Textual Paper’.
2. Manuscript (adhering to the formatting requirements above).
3. One cover letter including, for each author named: current affiliations and email addresses and stating that this work is your own and that it has not been published elsewhere (or if part of the work has already been published give reference of this publication and how much new original content your submitted manuscript contains).
4. Caption Sheet identifying images used in your submission. Submission files with images that are too large for email should be submitted via a public domain with email notification to the Editors.
5. Email submission package to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two members of the journal reviewing committee. The committee will be formed of a panel of international jewellery and design researchers. Submissions are not to be anonymized for review; reviewers will be required to declare any conflict of interest over reviewed work.
Please contact the editors by email with any queries about submissions email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your submission,
Roberta, Jayne and Sandra
Types of Paper Accepted:
Submissions can be made in two forms of academic paper: Conventional and Visual/Textual - please see descriptions of each and formatting requirements at the link below.
More information about different types of accepted papers in JoJR website.
Open Call for Flying Circus. A Jewelry Exhibition and Movie Project at Schmuck 202114Jan2021 - 25Jan2021
Open Call for the Juried Exhibition Double Yellow Line10Jan2021 - 30Mar2021
Moscow Contemporary Art Center Winzavod
Moscow, Russian Federation
Open Call for Flying Circus. Carousel08Jan2021 - 31Jan2021
Open Call for Helen of Sparta eResidency23Dec2020 - 10Jan2021
Open Call for Artificial Intelligems22Dec2020 - 14Jan2021
PXL-MAD School of Arts
Open Call for Position of Senior Teaching Fellow18Dec2020 - 13Jan2021
Edinburgh College of Art
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Open Call for Amberif Design Award 202114Dec2020 - 15Feb2021
Gdansk International Fair Co
Open Call for SM*CK #3 Munich 202104Dec2020 - 10Jan2021
Open Call for Shape of Nature12Nov2020 - 21Jun2021
DBC International Designer Space
Open Call for Cluster Jewellery Artist in Residence28Oct2020 - 20Jan2021
London, United Kingdom
Open Call for the XVIII International Baltic Jewellery Show Amber Trip. Surveillance Jewellery22Oct2020 - 01Feb2021
Amber & Jewellery Fair
Open Call for the Susan Beech Mid-Career Grant 202116Oct2020 - 10Jan2021
San Antonio, United States
Open Call for Exhibition Proposals: VAULT or WINDOWS15Oct2020 - 21Oct2020
Open Call for Exhibition Intimate Relationship23Sep2020 - 20Jun2021
Open Call for the Milano Jewelry Week 202121Sep2020 - 15Mar2021