Back
Open Call Preziosa Young 2017 skyscraper.

Anna Norrgrann. HDK School of Design and Crafts. New Graduates 2015

Article  /  ArtistsGraduate 2015
Published: 23.06.2015
Anna Norrgrann. HDK School of Design and Crafts. New Graduates 2015.
Mail:
annanorrgrannE-mailhotmail.com
Author:
University of Gothenburg HDK – School of Design and Crafts
Edited by:
Klimt02
Edited at:
Gothenburg
Edited on:

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
When something normal to us is put in a new context or wrong context, it might be the first time we actually see it. In this work I wanted to investigate the limitations and possibilities of the A4 format, what it means to me, to us and how we communicate through it.
HDK – School of Design and Crafts, Gothenburg, Sweden.

Anna Norrgrann - The Flow within and Flight from a Standard Format
The format I`ve been working with is A4. I wanted to investigate the limitations and possibilities it contains, what it means to me, to us and how we communicate through it. I´ve tried to understand and confront the format, practically and intellectually, by using the hammer, stretching the material and creating structures and paths in the surface. I then colorize with the anodizing-technic. The color flows in the forged surface and together with the format it evokes landscape, feelings and memories. Known and unknown.

A4, in this work, is meant to be worn on the body. I let it become a piece of jewelry with simple methods, drilling a hole, threading a string, tying a knot. When something normal to us is put in a new context or wrong context, it might be the first time we actually see it.

Anna Norrgrann did both her Bachelor and Master in jewellery art at HDK. During her years of studying she has matured and grown within her work and shows a strong individuality in her Master Degree work “The Flow within and Flight from a Standard Format”. She has since her Bachelor with thoroughness and curiosity investigated the surface and materiality of metal sheet. In her work existential questions and thoughts about our place in society and the environment around us is combined with an intuitive connection to her craft skills and the practical work with the material. Anna Norrgrann was represented in Talente 2015, she earned the first price in "ENJOIA'T Award for Contemporary Jewellery" 2014 in the student section, and has during her years at HDK earned several grants.

The projects during the BA program in jewellery art at HDK are focused on giving the students a broad knowledge in the field as well as an individual identity in their artistic work to develop further, either with studies at advanced level or on their own. In the MA program the students are encouraged to deepen their investigations. In the master program the students work in individual projects with tutoring with professor and teachers, both permanent and visiting teachers and tutors from outside the school.

The Jewellery Art programmes work in close connection with the ceramic and textile art programmes in an open atmosphere where students cross share knowledge and experiences over the fields. HDK offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programmes. The Jewellery Art programme at HDK – School of Design and Crafts is a part of the Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts at University of Gothenburg. /Klara Brynge, Lecturer HDK – School of Design and Crafts, June 2015

Find out more about the courses and deadlines for applications to HDK – School of Design and Crafts

Anna Norrgrann. Necklace: Untitled, 2015. Aluminum. 21 x 29.7 cm. Photo by: Anna Norrgrann. Anna Norrgrann
Necklace: Untitled, 2015
Aluminum
21 x 29.7 cm
Photo by: Anna Norrgrann
Anna Norrgrann. Necklace: Untitled, 2015. 21 x 29.7 cm. Photo by: Anna Norrgrann. Anna Norrgrann
21 x 29.7 cm
Anna Norrgrann. Necklace: Untitled, 2015. 21 x 29.7 cm. Photo by: Anna Norrgrann. Anna Norrgrann
21 x 29.7 cm
Anna Norrgrann. Necklace: Untitled, 2015. Titanium. 21 x 29.7 cm. Photo by: Anna Norrgrann. Anna Norrgrann
Titanium
21 x 29.7 cm
21 x 29.7 cm
Anna Norrgrann. Necklace: Untitled, 2015. Titanium. 21 x 29.7 cm. Photo by: Anna Norrgrann. Anna Norrgrann
Titanium
21 x 29.7 cm
21 x 29.7 cm
Titanium
21 x 29.7 cm
Appreciate APPRECIATE