Back

Botánica

Exhibition  /  12 May 2011  -  26 May 2011
Published: 28.07.2011
Medellin 174
Place
Medellín 174
Mexico City
MEXICO
Mail:
infoE-mailmedellin174.com
zinnaE-mailmedellin174.com
Phone:
55 55 74 09 18
Management:
Zinna Rudman Pier
.

© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.

Intro
Medellin 174 Gallery presented the work of 16 jewelers around the subject BOTANY, since it is a common referent for all artists and allows the first time viewer to enter the world of Contemporary Jewelery, main reason for organizing this exhibition.
Each jewler presented a collection of three pieces with the following characteristics: the pieces were made for 70% in metal and the remaining 30% was made with alternative materials, using jewelry making techniques and finally, ergonomic shapes.
The interpretations of the theme had a wide range: from the realistic representation of fruits, flowers and seeds (Cristina Celis) to the abstract scientific concepts of the plants themselves, such as photosynthesis and vascular conducts (Cynthia Serrano, Fernanda Barba Soto) , or the use of a particular flower as a symbol of a character (Mayte Amezcua), installation of functional art, that meet a particular function (Zinna Rudman).
Alternative materials were also used like crocheted yarn (Gabriela Campo), natural seeds (Laura Elena Sánchez) and the use of coral and semiprecious stones (Alberto Dávila).
Talking about manufacturing techniques, the deployment of the craft was present in fine pieces (Eduardo Grau) etched and patinated (Raquel Bessudo), forging (Dora Corona) and enamel (Holinka Escudero).
Laura Elena Sanchez. Necklace: Pinecone, 2011. Silver, sterling silver, enamel, cooper. 12 x 4 x 4 cm. Laura Elena Sanchez
Necklace: Pinecone, 2011
Silver, sterling silver, enamel, cooper
12 x 4 x 4 cm
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Laura Elena Sanchez. Necklace: Seeds, 2011. Sterling Silver, “Ojo de Venado” Seeds. 30 cm. Laura Elena Sanchez
Necklace: Seeds, 2011
Sterling Silver, “Ojo de Venado” Seeds
30 cm
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Laura Elena Sanchez. Pendant: Pandora's Box, 2011. Sterling Silver, Cooper, granate, suede. 8 x 5 x 4 cm. Laura Elena Sanchez
Pendant: Pandora's Box, 2011
Sterling Silver, Cooper, granate, suede
8 x 5 x 4 cm
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Laura Elena Sanchez. Pendant: Pandora's Box, 2011. Sterling Silver, Cooper, granate, suede. 8 x 5 x 4 cm. Laura Elena Sanchez
Pendant: Pandora's Box, 2011
Sterling Silver, Cooper, granate, suede
8 x 5 x 4 cm
© By the author. Read Klimt02.net Copyright.
Appreciate APPRECIATE