BKV Prize 2019 for young applied arts. Call for Applications
Open call / 23 Apr 2018 - 27 Jul 2018
Internationale Handwerkmesse Munich
- 0049 89 29 01 470
One of the main objectives of the BKV is to promote the younger generation of artists, i.e. to financially support the professional and artistic development of young artisans through publications and by means of expert assistance. The BKV Prize was therefore created in 2006 and is awarded once a year.
The competition is aimed specifically at young artisans who have completed their professional training and are beginning their careers. The competition is international and covers all areas of applied arts.
The prize is awarded to works that show unique artistic creation based on fine craftsmanship.
• First Prize: € 3.000,- + Catalogue (German/English)
• 2nd Prize: € 2.000,- + Catalogue (German/English)
• 3rd Prize: € 1.000,- + Catalogue (German/English)
• The three prize winners receive a joint catalogue (German/English)
• Additionally, all prize winners will be honored with a complimentary three year membership in the BKV.
• All works of the finalists and prize winners will be exhibited during the award ceremony at the Internationale Handwerksmesse, IHM Munich, Special Exhibition “Handwerk & Design” and afterward in the Gallery for Applied Arts (Galerie für Angewandte Kunst).
• Entry deadline: July 27, 2018
• Award ceremony: March 16, 2019, The award ceremony will be held at the Internationale Handwerksmesse in Munich.
Works are selected in two stages:
1st stage: Photo jury
The following must be submitted by July 27, 2018:
• Completed application form
See information on conditions of entry on page 4 or at www.bayerischer kunstgewerbeverein.de
• Competition entry (images of 3 to a max. 5 different pieces of work).
See information on conditions of entry on page 3 or at www.bayerischer kunstgewerbeverein.de
• Application documents are to be sent by post to:
Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein e.V.
Pacellistraße 6-8 80333 München/Munich, Germany
The jury will select the works to be presented to the object jury based on the images submitted.
2nd stage: Object jury
The artisans selected in the first stage will be notified in writing and asked to send in their works. The jury will decide on the award based on the works submitted. The jury decides independently, and entrants will be notified of the decision in writing. The jury decision is final and is not based on specific criteria.
Bavarian Crafts Council (Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein e.V.)
Founded in 1851, the Bavarian Crafts Council (Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein or BKV) looks back on 160 years of history. Today, it is a professional association for the promotion of contemporary crafts with around 400 members. Located in the centre of Munich, BKV maintains a forum for ARTS + CRAFTS, which consists of the “Gallery for Applied Arts” (Galerie für Angewandte Kunst) and a spacious shop with a wide range of contemporary works of art. The Bavarian Crafts Council also participates in a number of trade fairs.
ConditionsConditions of participation
1. Artisans who have not yet reached 35 years of age by the cut-off date (January 1, 2019).
2. Entrants must have completed their training and be professionally engaged in fine craftsmanship.
3. The entry must consist of 3 (maximum 5) pieces of work. These must not be older than 2 years as of the cut-off date (January 1, 2019) and must not have been awarded a prize or exhibited in any other competition.
4. The required documentation must be submitted to the Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein in Munich no later than July 27, 2018.
5. Delivery and return transport are undertaken at the expense and risk of the entrant.
Required documentation must be submitted via post by July 27, 2018 to the Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein in Munich and should be addressed as follows: “BKV-Prize 2019”, Pacellistraße 6-8, 80333 München/Munich, Germany. Submitted material cannot be returned.
1. Completed application form
The fully completed application form (please use typescript) with all address details (see page 4).
2. Biographical details
Text files should be submitted on CD-ROM (do not use stickers or labels); all texts must be submitted as PDF files. Biographical details should include the following: date and place of birth, training and qualifications, professional career, individual and group exhibitions, publications, and awards.
3. Images of the competition entries (3 max. 5 different works).
Image data should be submitted on CD-ROM; all images must be submitted as JPG files. Images must measure at least 10 x 15 cm with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. The filenames of each image must contain the entrant’s name, title of work, and sequence number. Please enclose DIN A4 color prints of each image.
4. Image descriptions of competition entries
Text files should be submitted on CD-ROM; all texts must be submitted as PDF files. The image descriptions should be comprised of two documents: the application document, containing the entrant’s name, detailed address, phone number and date of birth, and the description document on a neutral sheet of paper, containing the title of each work with the date of creation, material, technique, size, and name of photographer.
Transport and insurance
Delivery and return of the works are undertaken at the expense and risk of the entrant. The works will be insured while on the premises of the BKV. The insurance value should be provided upon delivery.
Entries from non EU-countries
The declaration of value must be in EURO. Works must be declared as exhibition objects.
Internationale Handwerkmesse Munich
- 0049 89 29 01 470
Open Call JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery & Objects 201912Mar2019 - 30Apr2019
Disseny Hub Barcelona (DHUB)
92Y Summer Jewelry Residency 201911Mar2019 - 12Apr2019
The 92nd Street Y Jewelry Center
New York, United States
Open call for ArtsFAD Awards 201904Mar2019 - 12Mar2019
Disseny Hub Barcelona
Open Call for the Legacy Award. The Definitive Edition14Feb2019 - 15Mar2019
Open Call for the Legnica International Jewellery Competition 201911Feb2019 - 01Apr2019
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call for Exhibitions at Art Centre East in Lappeenranta, Finland07Feb2019 - 28Feb2019
Open Call for Participation in the book New Bracelets: 500+ Contemporary Jewellery Designs06Feb2019 - 15May2019
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum section05Feb2019 - 30Jun2019
Open Call for Submissions at the 6th edition of AUTOR Magazine04Feb2019 - 25Feb2019
Open Call for ZLR Jewellery Awards 201903Feb2019 - 12Mar2019
Open Call for a Juried Exhibition: Shapeshifters17Jan2019 - 17Feb2019
Rhode Island School of Design
Providence, United States
Open Call for Autor 201909Jan2019 - 19Feb2019
National Theatre Bucharest
Open Call for the 2019 MFA Programme in Crafts - Jewellery Art at HDK. Academy of Design & Crafts07Jan2019 - 15Jan2019
HDK. Academy of Design and Crafts
Open Call for Gioielli in Fermento Award 2019 9th edition30Dec2018 - 22Feb2019
Castel San Giovanni, Italy
Open Call for SNAG 2019 Emerging Curators Program30Dec2018 - 15Jan2019
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
Eugene, United States