- 00 33 3 69 06 37 87
- Vincent Bapst
The Art-object Department in Strasbourg is currently seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant in Jewellery.
With its unique history and geography together with a team of 160 teachers, the HEAR provides an original model of art teaching favouring pluridisciplinarity, individual and collective commitment.
The Haute École des Arts du Rhin is a French public institution of excellence, offering a post secondary curriculum in the Arts. The HEAR provides numerous specialised study programs in art and in music: contemporary art, graphic communication, illustration, design, scenography, painting, sculpture, object (jewellery, glass, ceramics, books), musical interpretation, composition and more. The HEAR gathers over 750 students on three sites in Strasbourg and Mulhouse, and confers national diplomas and Master’s degrees.
Position should be filled for courses to start on the 2nd of January 2017.
Application Deadline: 31/12/2016
Type of Recruitment: public servant or public law contract
Place of work: Site d‘Arts Plastiques in Strasbourg
Hours of work: Full-time position, 20 hours / week with the obligation to take part in midterms and examination committees, teacher meetings ...
- First class principal teaching assistant in art (assistant d’enseignement artistique principal de 1ere classe).
- Second class principal teaching assistant in art (assistant d’enseignement artistique principal de 2eme classe).
Under the authority of the Director of Studies, Jewellery Professors and within a multidisciplinary team of teachers in Art-Object, the teaching assistant in Jewellery should :
- Provide a specialised technical education in traditional and contemporary jewellery designing and making.
- Ensure technical foundation classes for students from beginning to graduate levels and participate in the workshop’s cross-disciplinary activities, more particularly in metalwork.
- Contribute to the day-to-day management within the workspace (equipment, tools, supplies, security).
- Assist individually and collectively the resident students and help students in other options on the technical aspects of their projects.
- Assist in projects (workshops, exhibitions..) organised by the workshop or the school.
- Follow the progress of student projects and participate in their midterms and final exams.
With a Bachelor of Arts (Basic or Minor) or an Arts and Crafts Certificate in Jewellery, the candidate should have the following skills and qualities:
- Prior professional experience and extensive knowledge in the field of the various jewellery and metalsmithing techniques, with a keen interest in developing curriculum in Digital Technologies.
- Open-mindedness in regards to the field of jewellery making in all its possible contemporary forms.
- Knowledge of the different production modes from the making of a unique art piece to series.
- Knowledge in safety rules and regulations.
- Fluent in French, English and/or German.
- Teaching skills in transmitting knowledge.
- Capacity to use all the different machineries.
- Ability to follow projects and student creations with an insight on coherence between the technical choices made and the nature of the projects.
- Knowledge of networks in the artistic and commercial worlds of jewellery design and related fields.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Discipline: organization and methodology.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- 00 33 3 69 06 37 87
- Vincent Bapst
Open Call. School of Jewellery Artist in Residence Opportunity04May2017 - 26May2017
Birmingham City University
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Jewellery and Metalwork at Sheffield Hallam University28Apr2017 - 14May2017
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Publish your Master Degree 2017 Show at klimt0227Apr2017 - 31Jul2017
Call for Juried Exhibition: Jewels & Chocolate24Apr2017 - 19May2017
Artist in Residence 2017 programme at the Glasgow School of Art17Apr2017 - 29May2016
Glasgow School of Art
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum section07Apr2017 - 07Sep2017
Post Graduate Residential Course at Bishopsland Educational Trust04Apr2017 - 30Apr2017
Bishopsland Educational Trust
Reading, United Kingdom
Position for Chair of Material and Design Innovation in Edinburgh College of Art03Apr2017 - 27Apr2017
Edinburgh College of Art
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Gioielli in Fermento 2017 Master Collection. Call for artists21Feb2017 - 09Apr2017
Ziano Piacentino, Italy
XIV International Baltic Jewellery Show Amber Trip30Jan2017 - 01Mar2017
Amber & Jewellery Fair
Open call. Submissions for the book New Brooches30Jan2017 - 30Apr2017
Identity: Legnica International Jewellery Competition 201722Jan2017 - 05Apr2017
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call. San W Gallery Studio Artist Residency Program16Jan2017 - 31Mar2017
San W Gallery / Studio
Apply for Munich Jewellery Week 201712Dec2016 - 29Jan2017
Open Call for SNAG´S 2017 Exhibition in Motion. Motion Unmasked: Conceal and Reveal12Dec2016 - 18Jan2017
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
Eugene, United States