We are SNAG: Appropriated Adornment. Call for Entries
Open call / 12 Sep 2017 - 01 Oct 2017
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
- 541 345 5689
- Nicole Jacquard
History has inspired artists for thousands of years. Rather than simply borrow imagery from the past, this exhibition asks you to engage deeply with historical appropriation. Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition.
Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition. Submissions should include an image that documents the historical elements, materials, or sources that you are borrowing from and a brief statement (1-3 sentences) that describes your motivation for using them in a contemporary context. Works should be made within the last five years. Preference will be given to jewelry and other types of adornment, and photos of the work on the body are highly encouraged.
- Open to all SNAG members 18 years of age or older. Applicants need not reside in the United States.
- All work must be original and produced within the last five years (2011 or later). Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
- Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1, all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2, artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
- Because this is an online exhibition, the audience can only experience the work through the photos you submit, therefore please submit the best possible photos that show the work as clearly as possible.
- There are no size restrictions for this exhibition
- Applications will be accepted beginning on August 1, 2017 and must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) MOUNTAIN TIME October 1, 2017.
- Please account for time zone differences, as entries are not eligible via email and no exceptions will be made. All entries must be made online through CallForEntry.org applications may be supplemented with video submissions. For consideration, one video per artwork may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Videos may also be shared via Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube.
- The application fee of $25 is non-refundable. This fee is used for domain hosting costs of the exhibition, juror honorariums, promotional materials, and CallForEntry.org fees
- All applicants MUST be a member of SNAG in order to be eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are not a current member at the time of application, please become a member or renew your membership.
- For each application, please submit both a general shot of your original work and detail (if available).
- Artists may submit up to 3 separate pieces.
- All works must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, year of completion.
- Artists may submit an artist statement up to 3000 characters.
- Artists must include a brief bio, up to 250 words. All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original.
- By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
- By submitting media (images and/or video) for possible inclusion in “Appropriated Adornment” the artist agrees to the following: That Metalsmith magazine and SNAG have the right to retain and duplicate these images, videos, and video stills for the purpose of marketing and for display on the SNAG website and e-newsletters. That the artist requires no compensation or further contact from Metalsmith magazine or SNAG. That the artist agrees to all terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
October 1, 2017 – Deadline for Entry on CallForEntry.org
November 1, 2017* – Notification of Results to Artists (by email)
December 1, 2017 – Online Exhibition goes live on SNAG//SPACE website *Dates may be subject to change.
Open Call for Portfolio Consultation Reservation to study BA Jewellery at Pforzheim University20Mar2020 - 31Mar2020
Pforzheim University / School of Design
Open Call for the Art Jewelry Night Budapest Competition 202017Mar2020 - 18Jun2020
Art Jewelry Night Budapest
Open Call for SIERAAD 202016Mar2020 - 30May2020
Open Call for Virtual Exhibitions. Publish your Canceled Event at Klimt0216Mar2020 - 20May2020
Open Call for Artistar Jewels 202006Mar2020 - 30Apr2020
Open Call for Global Contemporary Jeweller’s Documentary. Hope & Future04Mar2020 - 01May2020
Growth & Evolution International Jewellery Exhibition Committee
Open Call for Melting Point 202020Feb2020 - 25Feb2020
Open call for submission of Article and Exhibition Review17Feb2020 - 30Jun2020
Journal of Jewellery Research
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Open Call JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery & Objects 202012Feb2020 - 30Apr2020
Disseny Hub Barcelona (DHUB)
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum Section10Feb2020 - 31Jul2020
Open Call for Fee Free Artist Residency/Workshop/Show. Objects of Desire: Jewellery as an Eco-message09Feb2020 - 29Mar2020
Open Call for Curated By Series for Artists, Jewellers and Fashion Designers06Feb2020 - 29Feb2020
Open Call for Eureka! The FoC Jewellery & Fellowship Award 202003Feb2020 - 19Mar2020
Friends of Carlotta
Open Call for the Legnica International Jewellery Competition 202029Jan2020 - 31Mar2020
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call for Exhibition Beauty and Wonder, jewels24Jan2020 - 20Mar2020
Popeye loves Olive Art Space