We are SNAG: Appropriated Adornment. Call for Entries
Open call / 12 Sep 2017 - 01 Oct 2017
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
- 541 345 5689
- Nicole Jacquard
History has inspired artists for thousands of years. Rather than simply borrow imagery from the past, this exhibition asks you to engage deeply with historical appropriation. Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition.
Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition. Submissions should include an image that documents the historical elements, materials, or sources that you are borrowing from and a brief statement (1-3 sentences) that describes your motivation for using them in a contemporary context. Works should be made within the last five years. Preference will be given to jewelry and other types of adornment, and photos of the work on the body are highly encouraged.
- Open to all SNAG members 18 years of age or older. Applicants need not reside in the United States.
- All work must be original and produced within the last five years (2011 or later). Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
- Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1, all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2, artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
- Because this is an online exhibition, the audience can only experience the work through the photos you submit, therefore please submit the best possible photos that show the work as clearly as possible.
- There are no size restrictions for this exhibition
- Applications will be accepted beginning on August 1, 2017 and must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) MOUNTAIN TIME October 1, 2017.
- Please account for time zone differences, as entries are not eligible via email and no exceptions will be made. All entries must be made online through CallForEntry.org applications may be supplemented with video submissions. For consideration, one video per artwork may be sent to email@example.com Videos may also be shared via Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube.
- The application fee of $25 is non-refundable. This fee is used for domain hosting costs of the exhibition, juror honorariums, promotional materials, and CallForEntry.org fees
- All applicants MUST be a member of SNAG in order to be eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are not a current member at the time of application, please become a member or renew your membership.
- For each application, please submit both a general shot of your original work and detail (if available).
- Artists may submit up to 3 separate pieces.
- All works must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, year of completion.
- Artists may submit an artist statement up to 3000 characters.
- Artists must include a brief bio, up to 250 words. All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original.
- By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
- By submitting media (images and/or video) for possible inclusion in “Appropriated Adornment” the artist agrees to the following: That Metalsmith magazine and SNAG have the right to retain and duplicate these images, videos, and video stills for the purpose of marketing and for display on the SNAG website and e-newsletters. That the artist requires no compensation or further contact from Metalsmith magazine or SNAG. That the artist agrees to all terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
October 1, 2017 – Deadline for Entry on CallForEntry.org
November 1, 2017* – Notification of Results to Artists (by email)
December 1, 2017 – Online Exhibition goes live on SNAG//SPACE website *Dates may be subject to change.
Call for Applications: Internship at MAX-XXL Studio19Jun2018 - 31Oct2018
Call for Applications: International Design Residence at MAX-XXL Studio19Jun2018 - 31Oct2018
Open Call: Enjoia't Awards 201818Jun2018 - 08Jul2018
Call for applications: Talente Competition 201912Jun2018 - 05Oct2018
Handwerkskammer für München und Oberbayern
Call for applications: Schmuck 201912Jun2018 - 05Oct2018
Handwerkskammer für München und Oberbayern
Open Call for presentation proposals at Snag's 2019 Conference, The Loop: Coming Full Circle.22May2018 - 15May2018
The Palmer House Hilton
Chicago, United States
Françoise van den Bosch Foundation Artist in Residence programme 2019 at Studio Rian de Jong11May2018 - 15Sep2018
Studio Rian de Jong
Open Call Klimt02 School Members Degree Show 201808May2018 - 31Jul2018
Residential Fellowships for International Visual Artists 2018. Jewellers, Fashion Designers and Artists07May2018 - 30Jun2018
Künstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral
Bad Ems, Germany
Position at School of Jewellery for Artist in Residence 201802May2018 - 01Jun2018
Birmingham City University
Birmingham, United Kingdom
BKV Prize 2019 for young applied arts. Call for Applications23Apr2018 - 27Jul2018
Internationale Handwerkmesse Munich
Open call for exhibiting at STOSSIMHIMMEL during Vienna Jewellery Week 201820Apr2018 - 15May2018
Artist in Residence 2018 programme at Glasgow School of Art09Apr2018 - 31May2018
Glasgow School of Art
Glasgow, United Kingdom
XV International Baltic Jewellery Show Amber Trip14Mar2018 - 17Mar2018
Amber & Jewellery Fair
Master Degree Programme in Fine Arts at Saimaa University of Applied Sciences14Mar2018 - 28Mar2018
Saimaa University of Applied Sciences