We are SNAG: Appropriated Adornment. Call for Entries
Open call / 12 Sep 2017 - 01 Oct 2017
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
- 541 345 5689
- Nicole Jacquard
History has inspired artists for thousands of years. Rather than simply borrow imagery from the past, this exhibition asks you to engage deeply with historical appropriation. Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition.
Juried by Michael Dale Bernard (UW-Milwaukee) and Emily Stoehrer (MFA Boston), we invite all SNAG members to apply to this exhibition. Submissions should include an image that documents the historical elements, materials, or sources that you are borrowing from and a brief statement (1-3 sentences) that describes your motivation for using them in a contemporary context. Works should be made within the last five years. Preference will be given to jewelry and other types of adornment, and photos of the work on the body are highly encouraged.
- Open to all SNAG members 18 years of age or older. Applicants need not reside in the United States.
- All work must be original and produced within the last five years (2011 or later). Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
- Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1, all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2, artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
- Because this is an online exhibition, the audience can only experience the work through the photos you submit, therefore please submit the best possible photos that show the work as clearly as possible.
- There are no size restrictions for this exhibition
- Applications will be accepted beginning on August 1, 2017 and must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) MOUNTAIN TIME October 1, 2017.
- Please account for time zone differences, as entries are not eligible via email and no exceptions will be made. All entries must be made online through CallForEntry.org applications may be supplemented with video submissions. For consideration, one video per artwork may be sent to email@example.com Videos may also be shared via Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube.
- The application fee of $25 is non-refundable. This fee is used for domain hosting costs of the exhibition, juror honorariums, promotional materials, and CallForEntry.org fees
- All applicants MUST be a member of SNAG in order to be eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are not a current member at the time of application, please become a member or renew your membership.
- For each application, please submit both a general shot of your original work and detail (if available).
- Artists may submit up to 3 separate pieces.
- All works must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, year of completion.
- Artists may submit an artist statement up to 3000 characters.
- Artists must include a brief bio, up to 250 words. All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original.
- By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
- By submitting media (images and/or video) for possible inclusion in “Appropriated Adornment” the artist agrees to the following: That Metalsmith magazine and SNAG have the right to retain and duplicate these images, videos, and video stills for the purpose of marketing and for display on the SNAG website and e-newsletters. That the artist requires no compensation or further contact from Metalsmith magazine or SNAG. That the artist agrees to all terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
October 1, 2017 – Deadline for Entry on CallForEntry.org
November 1, 2017* – Notification of Results to Artists (by email)
December 1, 2017 – Online Exhibition goes live on SNAG//SPACE website *Dates may be subject to change.
Open Call for presentation proposals at Snag's 2019 Conference, The Loop: Coming Full Circle.22May2018 - 15May2018
The Palmer House Hilton
Open call for exhibiting at STOSSIMHIMMEL during Vienna Jewellery Week 201820Apr2018 - 15May2018
Artist in Residence 2018 programme at Glasgow School of Art09Apr2018 - 31May2018
Glasgow School of Art
Glasgow, United Kingdom
XV International Baltic Jewellery Show Amber Trip14Mar2018 - 17Mar2018
Amber & Jewellery Fair
Master Degree Programme in Fine Arts at Saimaa University of Applied Sciences14Mar2018 - 28Mar2018
Saimaa University of Applied Sciences
The 4th TRIPLE PARADE Biennial Exhibition call for Entries05Mar2018 - 15Apr2018
TRIPLE PARADE 2018 Creative Writing Call for Entires05Mar2018 - 15Apr2018
Mari Funaki Award for Contemporary Jewellery 2018. Call for applications05Mar2018 - 18May2018
5th edition of AUTOR Magazine Call for Entries01Mar2018 - 18Mar2018
Autor 2018 Call for Entries23Feb2018 - 12Mar2018
Open Call JOYA Barcelona Fair 201815Feb2018 - 30Apr2018
Disseny Hub Barcelona (DHUB)
Illusion: Legnica International Jewellery Competition 201809Feb2018 - 03Apr2018
Gallery of Art in Legnica
International Symposium. Digital Meets Handmade: Jewelry in the 21st Century05Feb2018 - 15Feb2018
Fashion Institute of Technology
New York, United States
Preziosa Young Design Competition 2019 Call for Applications29Jan2018 - 15Nov2018
SIERAAD 2018 Call for Applications25Jan2018 - 10Apr2018