Open Call for Athens Jewelry Week 2019
Open call / AthensJewelryWeek2019 / 11 Dec 2018 - 14 Jan 2019
Athens Jewelry Week, 22-29 May 2019, aims through collective action, to promote Contemporary Jewelry both in Greece and abroad, enhancing awareness and exchange of views, while establishing a dialogue between national and international designer/makers or entities active in the Contemporary Jewelry field.
In particular, it aims to:
– Inform and educate the public on issues related to Contemporary Jewelry as an art form and a means of creative expression
– Support individual artists and creative groups that are active in this particular field
– Bring together all interested and collaborative parties/members (artists, galleries, collectors, museums and other institutions promoting the arts and culture etc.) through communication and networking.
The event is organized by the Anticlastics group: Erato Kouloubi and Niki Stylianou. (The ANTICLASTICS group is non-profit).
The organization Athens Jewelry Week 2019 is addressed to jewelry schools, independent designers / makers, groups and galleries from all countries around the world that consider jewelry as an art form and that through their action are trying to push the boundaries, expand and enrich the field of Contemporary Jewelry. Thus, it is open to proposals for solo exhibitions, group exhibitions, external actions, performances, mini workshops, lectures etc. There are no restrictions regarding the material, size and concept of the work presented, however, no brand names will be admitted to participate.
As the aim of the event is to present to the wider public the specifics, diversity and artistic dimension of Contemporary Jewelry, special attention will be given to proposals that emphasize the multidisciplinary nature of contemporary artistic creativity in this field, while focusing on the ideology and aesthetics that the field is currently carrying.
Artists, groups, galleries and schools that decide to apply should be ready to bring their work in person and join us at the opening/s.
14th of January: deadline for all the applications
31st of January: official announcement of final participants by email
15th of February: the last payment day for selected participants
1st of April: the last payment day for school applications.
20th, 21st of May: submit the work in person
25th of May: collect the work in person
Athens Jewelry Week (a walk in the City Centre).
Central Exhibition will be hosted by Benaki Museum.
Apply for AJW 2019, Individual Artists section, please click here for the full information.
Apply for AJW 2019, Solo Exhibitions section, please click here for the full information.
Apply for AJW 2019, Group Exhibitions section, please click here for the full information.
Apply for AJW 2019, Galleries section, please click here for the full information.
Apply for AJW 2019, Schools section, please click here for the full information.
AJW Award - Anticlastics will reward one of the individual artists/participants with the AJW Award. His/her work should show originality, technical quality and conceptual richness. The winner will be invited to participate for free, in the following AJW edition.
Material Quests Award - Benaki Museum Shop - “Material Quests” is a series of exhibitions aiming to highlight unique works in the fields of the applied arts and design that are of exceptional aesthetics, superb craftsmanship and particular artistic inspiration. The prize will be given to the artist, whose work we believe, better represents these qualities. He/She will be given the opportunity to exhibit his/her work at the Benaki Museum’s Shop.
AJW PUBLIC Award – the Anticlastics team will invite the public to vote for their favourite artist/participant of Art + Jewelry: Intersecting Spaces 2018. The winner will be invited to participate for free, in the following AJW edition.
Alchimia Award - Alchimia School of Contemporary Jewellery celebrates during AJW the “Alchimia Award”, a tribute to the new faces in the world of contemporary jewellery. This award, consisting of a two-week Intensive Course at Alchimia School in Florence, will be given to one of the promising artists.
Autor Award – Autor International Contemporary Jewelry Fair will reward one of the artists participating in the central exhibition of AJW, with a free participation at AUTOR fair 2020 and with media support for one year on the AUTOR digital media platform.
JOYA Award – “Joya Art Jewellery and Objects will award an artist at AJW and invite him/her to create something memorable.” We would like to propose to the winner an ephemeral presence – a performance or an act, related to the collection awarded and to the concept of the artist. The performance will take place during the event in Barcelona and through interaction, would illustrate to the public the art jewellery in movement and contact with the body.
>> Check here detailed information about the awards
ConditionsThe individual artists will be selected by a Jury according to the following criteria:
1) Conceptual approach, research line, coherence of work
2) Originality of design, composition and/or materials used
3) Craftsmanship and/or technical Innovation.
The selection of the Individual Artists that will be participating in ATHENS JEWELRY WEEK 2019 - Central Exhibition, will be officially announced by email on January 31st.
The solo exhibitions, group exhibitions, galleries applications will be assessed by the Anticlastics team.
The schools' application will be selected by Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry Museum and the Anticlastics team.
The application process has a fee of 25 euros. Follow the online directions while applying to be redirected to PayPal.
Participation fee for the selected application as follow:
– Individual Artists interested in participating in the central group exhibition 425 euros plus VAT 24% (applicable to Greece and to all non-EU countries), the fee should be paid to the Anticlastics team.
– Individual Artists interested in organizing a Solo exhibition 325 euros plus VAT 24% (applicable to Greece and to all non-EU countries), the fee should be paid to the Anticlastics team.
– Groups exhibition 450 euros plus VAT 24% (applicable to Greece and to all non-EU countries), the fee should be paid to the Anticlastics team.
All of the off - AJW 2019 group exhibitions will be hosted by venues situated in the city center. There are several options: from shop/gallery windows, to free or low-cost art spaces. For more information about availability and space rental costs please get in touch with the ANTICLASTICS team writing to: email@example.com
– Galleries 250 euros plus VAT 24% (applicable to Greece and to all non-EU countries), the fee should be paid to the Anticlastics team.
Galleries situated in Athens could use their own space. For Galleries that wish to find a venue in the city centre, there are several options: from shop/gallery windows, to free or low-cost art spaces. For more information about availability and space rental costs please get in touch with the ANTICLASTICS team writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Schools 300 euros plus VAT 24% (applicable to Greece and to all non-EU countries), the fee should be paid to the Anticlastics team.
All of the off-AJW 2019 exhibitions organized by the selected Schools will be hosted by the Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry Museum.
For participation and use of spaces, the Schools may donate 300 euros to the ILJ Museum towards its cultural objectives. The School will be exhibiting on the 2nd Floor Exhibition and Lecture Halls of the ILJM.
Please note that the ILJMuseum’s Sculpture Gallery (55 sq.m) will also be available, for exclusive use, for the cost of 500 euros.
Fee payment must be received by 15th of February, 2019,1st of April, 2019 for schools application.
ANTICLASTICS NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
Mitropoleos annexe, Mitropoleos 53, 10556 Athens, Greece
IBAN: GR17 0171 7430 0067 4314 2855 768
Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to exhibitors participating in ATHENS JEWELRY WEEK, in the main exhibition for Individual Artists. The organization reserves the right to review these terms and conditions without notice.
- Conditions to Admissions: All exhibitors must provide a complete application package by the mentioned due date. All information submitted must be true and up to date. All complete applications will be reviewed. The event holds the right to accept or decline any application. Decisions are final. The applicant accepts that once the application is selected, this contract holds valid and both parts will be held in accordance to it. All payments of the participation fee must be made by the date specified.
AJW reserves the right to correct or remove any material or product that is not suitable to the aim and conditions of the show. AJW will not be responsible for transportation, shipment and insurance costs of exhibition pieces.
AJW and BENAKI MUSEUM Pireos 138, will provide security for the exhibition space. However, it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitors to assume the risk of loss or damage. We recommend that participants ensure all pieces against any theft, loss or damage that could arise during the event, including during any transportation or storage.
- Sales and Commissions: AJW allows the artists to sell or take special orders or commissions during the event/week, without the intervention of the organization. The organization does not manage any relation to sales or commission between artists and potential customers. The use of invoices is obligatory and has to hold the regulations. It is the duty of artists and exhibitors to comply with the regulations in case of selling while participating in the Festival. AJW will have no claims or tax liability, thus, does not have a cash drawer or credit/debit card terminal for this purpose.
- Photography/Video: The participant agrees to the organization’ s use of photographs and/or videos of the art material provided by the artists, as well as any visual material obtained during the event, to be used in different media outlets, such as the web, catalogues, posters, magazines, short films, etc. for promotional purposes.
- In Case of Cancellation: The jury has the right to cancel any participation on the basis of false information or if the participant fails to comply with the criteria and dates specified. Cancellation of contract by the participant holds a 100% penalty of the total value of the participation fee if it is decided after payment has been deposited. Reimbursements will not be issued unless AJW agrees in writing and responds to an exceptional case.
For more information about application and participation, please mail to: email@example.com
Open Call JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery & Objects 201912Mar2019 - 30Apr2019
Disseny Hub Barcelona (DHUB)
92Y Summer Jewelry Residency 201911Mar2019 - 12Apr2019
The 92nd Street Y Jewelry Center
New York, United States
Open call for ArtsFAD Awards 201904Mar2019 - 12Mar2019
Disseny Hub Barcelona
Open Call for the Legacy Award. The Definitive Edition14Feb2019 - 15Mar2019
Open Call for the Legnica International Jewellery Competition 201911Feb2019 - 01Apr2019
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call for Exhibitions at Art Centre East in Lappeenranta, Finland07Feb2019 - 28Feb2019
Open Call for Participation in the book New Bracelets: 500+ Contemporary Jewellery Designs06Feb2019 - 15May2019
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum section05Feb2019 - 30Jun2019
Open Call for Submissions at the 6th edition of AUTOR Magazine04Feb2019 - 25Feb2019
Open Call for ZLR Jewellery Awards 201903Feb2019 - 12Mar2019
Open Call for a Juried Exhibition: Shapeshifters17Jan2019 - 17Feb2019
Rhode Island School of Design
Providence, United States
Open Call for Autor 201909Jan2019 - 19Feb2019
National Theatre Bucharest
Open Call for the 2019 MFA Programme in Crafts - Jewellery Art at HDK. Academy of Design & Crafts07Jan2019 - 15Jan2019
HDK. Academy of Design and Crafts
Open Call for Gioielli in Fermento Award 2019 9th edition30Dec2018 - 22Feb2019
Castel San Giovanni, Italy
Open Call for SNAG 2019 Emerging Curators Program30Dec2018 - 15Jan2019
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
Eugene, United States