- Dan Piersinaru
Jewelry is who you are. You are what you make us see. Get connected to Autor. Submit your work at the most important event in the field of contemporary and art jewelry in South-Eastern Europe. Call for entries by 12th of March, 2018.
Established in 2009, AUTOR has positioned itself through its 16 editions as an innovative fair for young and professional talents.
Besides creating a dynamic hub for contemporary jewelry artists and public, AUTOR is actively supporting and encourages talented jewelry creators through various other activities (e.g. awards, portfolio reviews, “recommended by” endorsements etc.)
12th of March, 2018: Last day of application.
26th of March, 2018: Last day of result announcement.
6th of April, 2018: Last payment day for selected artists.
5th, 6th and 7th of May, 2018: Autor 2018 Fair.
Autor Awesome Award will be offered to the most promising artist at the fair. The award will be offered by Alchimia School of Contemporary Jewelry in Florence and consists of a two-week intensive course at Alchimia School.
Joya Barcelona Award, consisting of free participation at Joya Barcelona Fair, one of the most prestigious events in contemporary jewelry.
Athens Jewelry Week Award, consisting of a free admission as a designer in Athens Jewelry Week, the newest event in contemporary jewelry.
Assamblage Award, consisting of a course offered by Assamblage Contemporary Jewelry School to an emerging designer. Founded in 2010 by the designer David Sandu, Assamblage is the main educational institution dedicated to contemporary jewelry in Romania.
Krama Institute Award, joining our award committee for the fourth time, this year’s prize consists of a jewelry course at Krama Institute of Jewelry in Athens, for a new-entry artist at this edition.
ELLE Romania Award, Elle fashion editors choose a designer to whom they dedicate a full-spread article in the next issue of the most visible and sold fashion magazine in Romania.
MyDay-ByDay Award, consisting in 7 days of ‘personal exhibition’ in the contemporary Myday-byday jewelry gallery in Rome.
Public Choice Award, reflects the preferences of the public and assures direct and discounted participation to the next edition of AUTOR 2019.
Moreover, the best designers will be receiving special recognition from a public Romanian figure, as part of the section “Recommended by…” which is intended to create visibility in the fair visitors’ eyes.
All awarded designers will be promoted extensively on all the online AUTOR platforms for one year after the event.
Please click here for more info.
ConditionsEligible to participate at Autor:
• Jewelry professionals
• Artists and collectives from creative fields who create contemporary jewelry
• Galleries of contemporary jewelry
• Contemporary jewelry schools from all over the world – any country or nationality.
An international jury will select the designers participating in AUTOR 2018, based on the following general criteria:
• Submission of a new collection
• Innovative use of materials and techniques
• Compliance with the contemporary
• Coherence/unity of the works
For applying to AUTOR 2018, the following should be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
1. pictures of a minimum 5 new contemporary jewelry from a collection which has never been presented to AUTOR’s visitors and audiences. (size: 350 KB, format: JPG; jewelry in their final form, preferably neutral background or contextualized on human body, no transfers accepted). All the pictures must be names following by name of the artist, name of the collection, materials.
2. Short description of the concept of the collection (max 15 lines)
3. Short bio of the artist, that must include:
• The name you wish to be known to the public
• E-mail address
• Phone number
• Website or Facebook page, Instagram, etc.
All of the above should be sent as e-mail attachments. Photo transfers or texts within the e-mail body are not accepted.
- Individual artist: 450 €: It includes: promotion before & after the event; contact with specialists in the field, invited by AUTOR; the stand (jewelry support 120x70cm and chair); 3 invitations at the fair; exposure to an attractive clientele (approx. 3000 people in two days); the latest issue of AUTOR Magazine which will be out at the beginning of May.
- Groups/collectives (max. 5 people): 1000 €: It includes: promotion before & after the event; contact with specialists in the field, invited by AUTOR; double stand (250 x 70 cm and chairs); 10 invitations at the fair; exposure to an attractive clientele (approx. 3000 people in two days); the latest issue of AUTOR Magazine which will be out at the beginning of May.
- Dan Piersinaru
Open Call for the Legacy Award. The Definitive Edition14Feb2019 - 15Mar2019
Open Call for the Legnica International Jewellery Competition 201911Feb2019 - 01Apr2019
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call for Exhibitions at Art Centre East in Lappeenranta, Finland07Feb2019 - 28Feb2019
Open Call for Participation in the book New Bracelets: 500+ Contemporary Jewellery Designs06Feb2019 - 15May2019
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum section05Feb2019 - 30Jun2019
Open Call for Submissions at the 6th edition of AUTOR Magazine04Feb2019 - 25Feb2019
Open Call for ZLR Jewellery Awards 201903Feb2019 - 12Mar2019
Open Call for a Juried Exhibition: Shapeshifters17Jan2019 - 17Feb2019
Rhode Island School of Design
Providence, United States
Open Call for Autor 201909Jan2019 - 19Feb2019
National Theatre Bucharest
Open Call for the 2019 MFA Programme in Crafts - Jewellery Art at HDK. Academy of Design & Crafts07Jan2019 - 15Jan2019
HDK. Academy of Design and Crafts
Open Call for Gioielli in Fermento Award 2019 9th edition30Dec2018 - 22Feb2019
Castel San Giovanni, Italy
Open Call for SNAG 2019 Emerging Curators Program30Dec2018 - 15Jan2019
SNAG. Society of North American Goldsmiths
Eugene, United States
Open Call for Athens Jewelry Week 201911Dec2018 - 14Jan2019
Open Call for the Curated exhibition Schmuck-Schmock10Dec2018 - 13Jan2019
Open Call for Amberif Design Award 201907Dec2018 - 01Feb2019
Gdańsk International Fair Co