- Dan Piersinaru
Jewelry is who you are. You are what you make us see. Get connected to Autor. Submit your work at the most important event in the field of contemporary and art jewelry in South-Eastern Europe. Call for entries by 12th of March, 2018.
Established in 2009, AUTOR has positioned itself through its 16 editions as an innovative fair for young and professional talents.
Besides creating a dynamic hub for contemporary jewelry artists and public, AUTOR is actively supporting and encourages talented jewelry creators through various other activities (e.g. awards, portfolio reviews, “recommended by” endorsements etc.)
12th of March, 2018: Last day of application.
26th of March, 2018: Last day of result announcement.
6th of April, 2018: Last payment day for selected artists.
5th, 6th and 7th of May, 2018: Autor 2018 Fair.
Autor Awesome Award will be offered to the most promising artist at the fair. The award will be offered by Alchimia School of Contemporary Jewelry in Florence and consists of a two-week intensive course at Alchimia School.
Joya Barcelona Award, consisting of free participation at Joya Barcelona Fair, one of the most prestigious events in contemporary jewelry.
Athens Jewelry Week Award, consisting of a free admission as a designer in Athens Jewelry Week, the newest event in contemporary jewelry.
Assamblage Award, consisting of a course offered by Assamblage Contemporary Jewelry School to an emerging designer. Founded in 2010 by the designer David Sandu, Assamblage is the main educational institution dedicated to contemporary jewelry in Romania.
Krama Institute Award, joining our award committee for the fourth time, this year’s prize consists of a jewelry course at Krama Institute of Jewelry in Athens, for a new-entry artist at this edition.
ELLE Romania Award, Elle fashion editors choose a designer to whom they dedicate a full-spread article in the next issue of the most visible and sold fashion magazine in Romania.
MyDay-ByDay Award, consisting in 7 days of ‘personal exhibition’ in the contemporary Myday-byday jewelry gallery in Rome.
Public Choice Award, reflects the preferences of the public and assures direct and discounted participation to the next edition of AUTOR 2019.
Moreover, the best designers will be receiving special recognition from a public Romanian figure, as part of the section “Recommended by…” which is intended to create visibility in the fair visitors’ eyes.
All awarded designers will be promoted extensively on all the online AUTOR platforms for one year after the event.
Please click here for more info.
ConditionsEligible to participate at Autor:
• Jewelry professionals
• Artists and collectives from creative fields who create contemporary jewelry
• Galleries of contemporary jewelry
• Contemporary jewelry schools from all over the world – any country or nationality.
An international jury will select the designers participating in AUTOR 2018, based on the following general criteria:
• Submission of a new collection
• Innovative use of materials and techniques
• Compliance with the contemporary
• Coherence/unity of the works
For applying to AUTOR 2018, the following should be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
1. pictures of a minimum 5 new contemporary jewelry from a collection which has never been presented to AUTOR’s visitors and audiences. (size: 350 KB, format: JPG; jewelry in their final form, preferably neutral background or contextualized on human body, no transfers accepted). All the pictures must be names following by name of the artist, name of the collection, materials.
2. Short description of the concept of the collection (max 15 lines)
3. Short bio of the artist, that must include:
• The name you wish to be known to the public
• E-mail address
• Phone number
• Website or Facebook page, Instagram, etc.
All of the above should be sent as e-mail attachments. Photo transfers or texts within the e-mail body are not accepted.
- Individual artist: 450 €: It includes: promotion before & after the event; contact with specialists in the field, invited by AUTOR; the stand (jewelry support 120x70cm and chair); 3 invitations at the fair; exposure to an attractive clientele (approx. 3000 people in two days); the latest issue of AUTOR Magazine which will be out at the beginning of May.
- Groups/collectives (max. 5 people): 1000 €: It includes: promotion before & after the event; contact with specialists in the field, invited by AUTOR; double stand (250 x 70 cm and chairs); 10 invitations at the fair; exposure to an attractive clientele (approx. 3000 people in two days); the latest issue of AUTOR Magazine which will be out at the beginning of May.
- Dan Piersinaru
Open Call for Portfolio Consultation Reservation to study BA Jewellery at Pforzheim University20Mar2020 - 31Mar2020
Pforzheim University / School of Design
Open Call for the Art Jewelry Night Budapest Competition 202017Mar2020 - 18Jun2020
Art Jewelry Night Budapest
Open Call for SIERAAD 202016Mar2020 - 30May2020
Open Call for Virtual Exhibitions. Publish your Canceled Event at Klimt0216Mar2020 - 20May2020
Open Call for Artistar Jewels 202006Mar2020 - 30Apr2020
Open Call for Global Contemporary Jeweller’s Documentary. Hope & Future04Mar2020 - 01May2020
Growth & Evolution International Jewellery Exhibition Committee
Open Call for Melting Point 202020Feb2020 - 25Feb2020
Open call for submission of Article and Exhibition Review17Feb2020 - 30Jun2020
Journal of Jewellery Research
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Open Call JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery & Objects 202012Feb2020 - 30Apr2020
Disseny Hub Barcelona (DHUB)
Call for Papers for Klimt02 Forum Section10Feb2020 - 31Jul2020
Open Call for Fee Free Artist Residency/Workshop/Show. Objects of Desire: Jewellery as an Eco-message09Feb2020 - 29Mar2020
Open Call for Curated By Series for Artists, Jewellers and Fashion Designers06Feb2020 - 29Feb2020
Open Call for Eureka! The FoC Jewellery & Fellowship Award 202003Feb2020 - 19Mar2020
Friends of Carlotta
CANCELED / Open Call for the Legnica International Jewellery Competition 202029Jan2020 - 30Apr2020
Gallery of Art in Legnica
Open Call for Exhibition Beauty and Wonder, jewels24Jan2020 - 20Mar2020
Popeye loves Olive Art Space