Assamblage. The National Contemporary Jewelry Association
- David Sandu, Valentina Buzamurga, Ioana Andrei
This National Association for Contemporary Jewelry was launched in May 2015 during Romanian Design Week, as a result of a 7-year project supporting, developing and structuring the emergent field of contemporary jewelry.
The Romanian cultural environment has the huge chance of rebuilding the creative fields in accordance with the international context. Contemporary jewelry is an emerging and fast-growing domain, powered by a bright community of artists. In three years since its founding,
Goals and Objectives:
- Increasing the recognition and visibility of contemporary jewelry artists through communication and brand strategy, as well as implementing the artistic and cultural component through tours, events, exhibitions, national and international festivals.
- Releasing the association's own material (magazines, catalogs, brochures, etc.) in order to promote the association’s members as creators of contemporary jewelry.
- Encouraging emerging talent and stimulating the transnational mobility of contemporary jewelry designers and their works, with the potential to influence and lasting effects on creative industries.
- Supporting designer projects by organizing meetings, conferences, workshops and developing tools to facilitate the exchange of information and practices in this field.
Membership information and benefits:
- Events &
- Access to events and exhibitions organized by the association, in collaboration with art galleries, cultural spaces
andpartners in related fields.
- Participations at national and international fairs and exhibitions of the association's partners.
- Application to the design competition organized by the association or its partners.
- Community & networking:
- Meetings, conferences, and projects with members of the association and external partner organizations.
- Initiation of joint programs for promotion and development.
- Representation of the association members, at their request, in relation to different institutions, public authorities or potential customers.
- Subscription to the monthly newsletter of the association, with exclusive news and information in the field of contemporary jewelry and related areas of interest.
- Announcements, news, contests and projects of partner sites and specialized publications in the area of jewelry, art, and contemporary design.
- Information about materials, services, technologies, and suppliers in the field of jewelry.
- Education & training:
- Courses and workshops in the field of technical and conceptual contemporary design.
- Experience exchange, scholarships, internships and artist residency.
- Organised visits to museums and art galleries, as well as national and international events.
- Encouraging emerging talents and new projects with potential.
David Sandu, President
Valentina Buzamurga, Founding Member.
Ioana Andrei, Founding Member.
Exhibition 30 Sep 2021 - 03 Oct 2021 Plus One II.
Fair 22 Sep 2020 - 27 Sep 2020 Romanian Jewelry Week 1.0.
Exhibition 19 Mar 2020 - 24 Mar 2020 Tincal lab Challenge 2019: Jewelry and Anatomy at ROJW2020.
Exhibition 24 Oct 2019 - 27 Oct 2019 Artistar Jewels at Milano Jewelry Week 2019.
Exhibition 10 Oct 2019 - 12 Oct 2019 Selected Galleries, Arts & Crafts Collectives, Institutions and Schools at JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery Fair 2019.
Meeting 01 May 2019 - 09 Jun 2019 Legnica International Jewellery Festival Silver 2019.
Exhibition 26 Nov 2018 - 05 Dec 2018 Camera Lucida. Contemporary Jewelry Exhibition in New York.
Exhibition 19 May 2018 - 27 May 2018 Remains of the Feast. Contemporary Jewelry and Mixed-media Installation.
Fair 05 May 2018 - 06 May 2018 Autor 2018.
Award giving 05 May 2018 - 06 May 2018 Autor Awards 2018.
Exhibition 18 Oct 2017 - 03 Nov 2017 Camera Lucida. International Contemporary Jewelry Contest.
Artistar JewelsMilan, Italy
ZLR BetriebsimperiumHamburg, Germany
Italiano PluraleBolzano, Italy
Bayerischer KunstgewerbevereinMunich, Germany
Joya BravaSantiago, Chile
The PoolAmsterdam, Netherlands
Handwerk & DesignMunich, Germany
Cluster LondonLondon, United Kingdom
Plattform SchmuckkunstGraz, Austria
Goldschmitte. ZürichZurich, Switzerland
Makers 101Wellington, New Zealand