Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and Design
Konstfack is Swedens largest university of arts, crafts and design and has since 1844 educated artist, designers, crafters, and teachers of tomorrow. All our training is based on artistic grounds and we have today around 1000 students and 200 employees.
Konstfack will create new knowledge and be a national and international trendsetter in art education and research, as well as artistic subject and professional development.
We offer particularly promising and motivated students and researchers in the areas of art, design, fine craftsmanship and international, multidisciplinary research environment. Our programmes offer a wide selection of artistic methods as well as critical dialogue.
High quality, humanism, sustainable development and high demands for creative ability
characterise Konstfack's study programmes and research.
After completing first, second and third-cycle programmes, students will have:
1. the skills and knowledge required to establish themselves in their professions
2. proficiency in design work and communication, as well as the ability to think and work beyond the limits of their particular disciplines
3. critical thinking ability, courage, problem-solving skills and leadership capacity
4. solid knowledge of the theory and history of art, design, fine craftsmanship and art teacher education
5. a broad perspective on contemporary cultural and social currents
6. the knowledge required to conduct focused projects concerning issues of diversity and sustainable development
7. the ability to participate
Konstfack has a research environment strong enough to promote research within its branches of knowledge while pursuing interdisciplinary, international collaboration with others. The research environment is characterised by close cooperation with first and second-cycle programmes.
Konstfack promotes understanding of the changing cultural and social conditions to which art, fine craftsmanship, design and art teacher education are subject.
HoursThe front desk's opening hours
Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 4.30 pm (Fridays until 3.30 pm)
EASD ValènciaValencia, Spain
Alchimia Contemporary Jewellery SchoolFlorence, Italy
Glasgow School of ArtGlasgow, United Kingdom
College of Design and Innovation, Tong Ji UniversityShanghai, China
K2 Academy of Contemporary Jewellery LtdLondon, United Kingdom
Die KunstModeDesign Herbststrasse. Evening College JewelleryDesignVienna, Austria
ElTaller de Joyería de BarcelonaBarcelona, Spain
Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and DesignStockholm, Sweden
Hochschule TrierIdar Oberstein, Germany
Academy of International Visual ArtsShanghai, China
Assamblage Contemporary Jewelry SchoolBucharest, Romania
Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp. Artesis Plantijn University CollegeAntwerp, Belgium
Central Saint Martins, BA (Hons) Jewellery DesignLondon, United Kingdom
WE WALKA Escuela de JoyeríaVitacura, Chile
School of Jewellery. Birmingham City UniversityBirmingham, United Kingdom